What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email notification app?

CPGoldstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of having to tap the home button twice to see running programs, is there a program that allows for that screen to be a permanent fixture so I can see if I got email, or when it's my move for words with friends, etc. Thanks!

- CP

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. You'd have to jailbreak to get an app that did that.

You could put the programs you want to keep an eye on in the dock. I do, with Mail at least.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of having to tap the home button twice to see running programs, is there a program that allows for that screen to be a permanent fixture so I can see if I got email, or when it's my move for words with friends, etc. Thanks!

- CP

I would love this too. Although you get an audible notification of when an email arrives, if you're working in a noisy environment (Starbucks, where I am now) you simply can't hear that and it's necessary to constantly go back to the Home screen or reveal the multitasking bar to see if you've got mail. It would be great if there could be an icon that appeared at the top of the screen in the menu bar. But, as your other respondant said, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this and, since apps can't interact with each other (I believe the term is 'sandboxed') it will never be possible unless either (a) you 'jailbreak' your iPad or (b) Apple fix it or (c) you use another email app entirely.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts