What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email not displaying until I change orientation

Smitman34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My email (exchange or gmail) is not showing in the right hand side of the landscape frame until I change orientation. This is something that just started happening, it was working fine up until last night. I've tried turning off the iPad and turning it back on and that did not reset things.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dabble Click the Home button.
Slide you finger on the iCon area all the way to the left.
You will get a setup screen. See if by mistake you locked the display position.

I have Exchange too. When it is in Vertical position, it Shows only the Letters.

OP
S

Smitman34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen isn't locked. My mail displays on the left side with 3 lines of the note. If i click the email on the left the header shows on the right but the email does not. BUT if I tilt it to the right so the screen rotates the mail shows.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

B00001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this exact same problem, very frustrating. I can do a soft reset and that works, but so does tilting the screen to goto optional orientation like the OP. Something is not working as it should. Why????

Most reactions