What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email music attachments

lordmarshall2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to download music from an email attachment from my iPad. When I click on the music attachment all it does is play what has been sent, but I cannot seem to be able to extract the music so I can add it to my music. Such a simple request which apple seem to have left out, or is it just a case that I am doing something wrong. I look forward to any help with regards to this. Kind regards, Dean..........

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lordmarshall2011 said:
Can someone please tell me how to download music from an email attachment from my iPad. When I click on the music attachment all it does is play what has been sent, but I cannot seem to be able to extract the music so I can add it to my music. Such a simple request which apple seem to have left out, or is it just a case that I am doing something wrong. I look forward to any help with regards to this. Kind regards, Dean..........

Try touching and holding the attachment, hopefully you will get a "open with" pop up.

The Archangel

OP
lordmarshall2011

lordmarshall2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. I have tried doing that, but all it wants to do is to play the piece directly from the email. The only way I can do it is to open the email via my normal PC and then to connect my iPad to iTunes, and then transfer it that way, but the problem with that is that it is long winded, and of only use when I am at home. I need to really be able to do this on the move as well, as part of my business. If you have any other suggestions I would be grateful. Best wishes, Dean

Most reactions

Latest posts