What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email links

nmhuntr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do links in my email not work? Is this the way it works on an iPad or could it be my setup. For example I get an email from Woot and it has a link but it will not open.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Greg

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Links should work. I have never had an issue with links in emails. Have you tried other links besides the one in question?

I am not aware of any settings that would disable them.

OP
N

nmhuntr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Links should work. I have never had an issue with links in emails. Have you tried other links besides the one in question?

I am not aware of any settings that would disable them.

I emailed myself a link to a web site and it will not open either. When I say it won't open what I expect to happen is that the web browser will start and the web page opens like on a windows based machine.

Thanks

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nmhuntr said:
I emailed myself a link to a web site and it will not open either. When I say it won't open what I expect to happen is that the web browser will start and the web page opens like on a windows based machine.

Thanks

I did read that certain links get corrupted by the iOS email because of some sort of unsupported characters in the link URL. Unfortunately I cannot recall the specifics. You should be able to find that info in a google search.

Most reactions

Latest posts