What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email link Sends to www.me.com

Ianieto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What would cause an email link on Safari to cause me to be sent to me.com ipad_welcome (I was not allowed to put a link here) which is the MobileMe website. At that web page I am given the option to install "find my iPhone", set up mail, install iDisk, or install Gallery. Do I need to configure something for email? I have been using my hotmail email account through the built in Mail app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No idea why you received a link to a MobileMe site or service, but the behavior you describe is the correct one. The MobileMe site has never supported mobile web browsers, and even if you manage to trick it into giving you access it behaves very poorly.

Instead there are a series of apps that are needed to access your MobileMe stuff: Gallery, iDisk, and Find My iPhone being the main ones. You need them to access someone else's shared Galleries or iDisk shared folders as well.

This has not changed with iCloud.com; you still can not connect to the site using a mobile web browser.

Most reactions