What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Issue

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a Yahoo email account. I sent an email to a friend of mine about two hours ago and I'm having a problem sending it. It's still sending it as I write this thread. Also, it couldn't send another email earlier today and a message popped up saying that there was an issue with the receiver's server (I don't remember exactly what the issue was). But it said that I had to go into "Settings" and then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and then do something. I can't remember what that "something". Can someone please tell me how to correct this? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try restarting, if you haven't already.

My solution when an account's settings are in doubt, delete it and re-add. Hold in mind that it is also possible that Yahoo's email server could just be having a fit.

A difficult theory to test since the web client probably uses a different server. I suspect iDevices use a different server than computer clients too, since all the stuff I can find mentions POP accounts, and the iPad's Yahoo setup acts like an IMAP account.

The only way to test would be with a second iDevice.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Try restarting, if you haven't already.

My solution when an account's settings are in doubt, delete it and re-add. Hold in mind that it is also possible that Yahoo's email server could just be having a fit.

A difficult theory to test since the web client probably uses a different server. I suspect iDevices use a different server than computer clients too, since all the stuff I can find mentions POP accounts, and the iPad's Yahoo setup acts like an IMAP account.

The only way to test would be with a second iDevice.

Thanks for your help. It seemed to have improved later on in the day. One of the things I did was clear out the programs that run underneath and that seemed to help a lot. Again thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts