What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Educational & games apps for children aged 7 & 5

jdb2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sole purpose of my new iPad 2 is for storage of photos, music and for use of the web and emails. However I would also like to have the best games and educational apps for my kids who are 7&5. Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my ipad2 yesterday, so I have yet to find the best apps for kids. Would definitely suggest you get iBooks (and kindle and nook, too - that way you can search each and get the best prices!). My daughter will be 4 this August and she LOVES reading books together on the iPad. The pictures look great and she loves turning the pages. I'm still looking at apps for kids too so I'll let you know if I find any good ones. Games like pocket frogs or angry birds might be good. 3D Brain is great for educational purposes -for all ages - I use it on my iPod touch for my anatomy class and it helped, and my daughter likes it as well! Post if you come across any good apps as well, I'd love to hear what you find!

Eitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
7 and 5 years old? You're best purchase will be a screen protector and a hard case.

OP
J

jdb2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They will be supervised whilst they use it. I will post any good apps for kids that I see!

Thanks

Reaction score
No child is too young or old for
Angry Birds.
I've got a 3 year old daughter that uses mine so even under supervision they can get goob on the screen.
There have been some threads by developers of kids games and books on this forum, mostly in the app section. I've seen one home maker that has made a website for reviewing of Ipad games and books for kids

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts