What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit

s_tevep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there to all you talented musical folk,

I wonder if you could help me. I have recently taken up guitar and I must confess that it doesn't come naturally. I find it very difficult to pick out the guitar rhythms out from songs that I try to learn to play. What I was wondering is, is it possible to enhance just the part of the guitar from an mp3 so it is easier to pick out from the rest? I have looked on the web and found that certain software can enhance or rather compress the other parts but they seem to only do this to tracks that you've made yourself.

I

ZenLizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a skill you will develop as you learn, and it is still ultimately the most effective way to pick out the parts you want to examine. Back in the Stone Age, my music tutor used to drill me by having me listen to a song in several passes, trying to only "listen" to a different part each time. First the lead guitar, then the bass, then the rythym guitar, for example. You may be surprised by how quickly your ability develops. As far as software to isolate the guitar goes, none that I'm familiar with do it that well. In fact you can get the same results with an EQ. Boost around 240 Hz or cut everything else, cut 100 Hz a bit more. You'll have to experiment a little since songs are not all created equal, nor are guitars.

2ToneTony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s_tevep said:
Hi there to all you talented musical folk,

I wonder if you could help me. I have recently taken up guitar and I must confess that it doesn't come naturally. I find it very difficult to pick out the guitar rhythms out from songs that I try to learn to play. What I was wondering is, is it possible to enhance just the part of the guitar from an mp3 so it is easier to pick out from the rest? I have looked on the web and found that certain software can enhance or rather compress the other parts but they seem to only do this to tracks that you've made yourself.

I

There are digital audio workstations (daw) available for download (some free). You upload a song into your daw. Once you've done that, you'll see separate tracks for all instruments and vocals. You'll be Able to choose tracks to mute. There is also a program named Audacity where you can import a song into the program then change the speed of the playback without changing the tempo. This is great for learning fast lead guitar riffs

OP
S

s_tevep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'll take a look. Much appreciated.

ZenLizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd be very interested to know which DAW takes 2 channel (track) MP3 files and breaks them down into their pre-mixed multitrack state. Can you tell me what that one is called? Harry Potter's Super Magic DAW, perhaps? ; ]

Most reactions

Latest posts