What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Echo During Podcast Playback

rmerkel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my Ipad 2, hearing echo while playing podcasts, audiobooks, and iTunesU lectures; music is fine. This just started with OS5, and cannot find the .5x, 1x, 2x playback speed selection button like on previous OS. No echoes when playing back on my PC. Have tried various combinations of settings under Music; now have sound check off, EQ off, volume limit off. Last night, called apple Support, and they were not much help. Last night, did a complete restore with no success. Help????

vtdarryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem too

On my Ipad 2, hearing echo while playing podcasts, audiobooks, and iTunesU lectures; music is fine. This just started with OS5, and cannot find the .5x, 1x, 2x playback speed selection button like on previous OS. No echoes when playing back on my PC. Have tried various combinations of settings under Music; now have sound check off, EQ off, volume limit off. Last night, called apple Support, and they were not much help. Last night, did a complete restore with no success. Help????

Im having the same problem, and I've also tried your suggestions. Hopefully someone will have found an answer.

Daz

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this happen a couple of times. I just shut down my iPad and restarted it, and that took care of the problem. (I held the power button till the off option appeared, hit that, waited till iPad shut down, gave it a minute or so, then powered up again with the Apple logo reappearing.) I didn't have to do anything drastic, like doing a complete restore.

If you can't resolve your problem, take it to an Apple store. They'll probably either help you fix it on the spot or replace it under warranty.

vtdarryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Others too

Appears others are having the same problem with Apple's new Music app. I'm now using SpeedUp Lite to play my podcasts which is working just fine.

Daz

kasam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Have downloaded speed up lite and now works perfectly!

Most reactions

Latest posts