What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay not loading on Safari

JohnASanderson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, is anybody else having problems with eBay on safari. I've been able to use eBay without any problems until a week ago, and since then eBay pages won't load at all, and I sometimes get a message that the server is not responding. Any other web page will load fine.

I've cleared the cache, history and cookies, and tried a hard boot........but nothing has worked. Very frustrating !:(

Any ideas ?

Cheers, John

OP
J

JohnASanderson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, yes I loaded that APP but that also just hangs and never fully loads a page.

Abz269

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, is anybody else having problems with eBay on safari. I've been able to use eBay without any problems until a week ago, and since then eBay pages won't load at all, and I sometimes get a message that the server is not responding. Any other web page will load fine.

I've cleared the cache, history and cookies, and tried a hard boot........but nothing has worked. Very frustrating !:(

Any ideas ?

Cheers, John

I'm having exactly the same problem, been the same for about 4days. Could you let me know if you get anywhere as its driving me mad!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going into Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data and deleting anything that says ebay.com: swipe the entry for the delete button, or just junk it all.

You should also clear Cookies and Data on the first setting page. Be prepared to log into all your sites again.

Also, the usual fixes might work.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.
If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Donmcm

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Any ideas ?

Cheers, John
Hi john
So pleased it's not just me! I've had problems all week with eBay specifically; can't get into help&support, takes ages to load if at all; every search is slow; I'm so fed up.
I found an eBay announcement site which said eBay was undergoing maintenance this Thursday, but I'm not sure that's relevant to our issues?
Have rebooted iPad and router; reset; cleared; everything possible and no improvement.

Most reactions

Latest posts