What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earphones for iPad (and other i products too!)

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also a Bose fan I've had the in ear pair with the mic to use with an iPhone or I guess it could be used with Facetime on the iPad2.
These are the best sounding headphones I've had. But I haven't tried too many out other than some cheaper Sony and others under $30 range. These Bose have a great range, which you expect from $130 headphones. But they were better than I was expecting. Bass is good, and highs and mids are great as well. I listen to all types of music and watch action movies (other genres also) on my iPhone or iPad and everything sounds amazing from them.

toby5678910

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DO NOT GET BOSE - they are the most overpriced garbage cans on the market. I have over 40+ pairs of headphones ranging from KOSS Porta Pros (30$) to Senhiser HD 800 (1500$). For 150$ i would highly recommended "Audio Technica ATH-50". These cans are awesome for there price (as good as a 400$ equivalent)

Check out these forums - lots of info

Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Toby... I love BOSE products! In fact, I have a couple of the BOSE wave radio/cd players around the house AND the little MIE2 earphones that I use on my iPhone4 and the iPad - they work GREAT! Maybe you have just had a little bad luck, there are lemons in everything. They are definitely NOT garbage, course we all know about opinions.... everyone's got one!

Chiky

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
toby5678910 said:
Whats so bad about Bose? - Head-Fi.org Community

Read up on it - BOSE headphones are made of the same junk skullcandy's made out of - they basically market themselves as being the best, but in reality the components they use to make there products are inferior.

On the other hand, I tried several sets of noise canceling headphones before popping for the Bose ones. The difference between the Bose versions and the others is that they actually work. No idea if they give ultra-super-duper-amazing sound reproduction - all I know is that they give sound quality that works for me and they kill the sound from trains, planes and automobiles (not to mention stupid Harleys.)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Luvntravln said:
I am looking for a good (not the best for thousands of $) set of earphones for music and movies.

What are you using; why do you like them?

What have you rejected and why?

Thanks,

best earphones I have used are the ones that go into the ear canal, the ones with the rubbery bit to block out the outside noise

not the big ones that sit in the ear and are uncomfortable

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Main thing is, how much money do you want to spend. I am using a pair Etymotic Mc5 earphones. Then I did the ACS custom fittings for an extra $100.

So I have in ear isolation with a really great set of headphones. Total cost $185. Not sure you want to spend that much, but it is amazing sounding and the isolation is ridiculous. You can get just the headphones for $85, which is an awesome price for their little know product.

Etymotic Research, Inc. - mc5? earphones

Ser182

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again it is your ear that will tell you if you like them. Try a few before if you can. I am not a Bose fan but everybody has their opinion. I would never recommend their products. Like other have said they are over priced for what they offer.
I use motorola S-9 for working out. They are a good wireless head phone. Do not get the new S-10. They are not what the S-9 are. There are a lot of good cans out there but you need to hear them for your self.

Most reactions