What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earphones for iPad (and other i products too!)

Luvntravln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a good (not the best for thousands of $) set of earphones for music and movies.

What are you using; why do you like them?

What have you rejected and why?

Thanks,

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if they are available down there, but I use JVC "Marshmallow" ear buds. They are only $20 (USD) and sound great!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, I'm a sucker. I've tried just about every headphone on the market up to $200 and to tell you the truth, my favorite by far costs $30 from Creative.

EP-630 | Creative Labs Online Store

I've bought now three pairs, including a version that has the mute switch for iPhone. Why three pairs? They literally never leave my person, either they're hanging around my neck, or they're stuffed in my pocket. I have the bad habit of hanging them on things when I'm walking around, or unceremoniously ripping them from my ears while I sleep. I like them because the sound quality is amazing with thumping bass and crisp highs. I also really like the price. They also have an offset design where one side is longer than the other so that they can go around your neck - that makes it easier when they're not in your ears. shop around, their are several brands marketing the exact same earbud, and they are all exactly the same.

thegreatone3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Klipsch S4's last week and love them. Better than any other ear buds I've tried at a reasonable cost ($70-80). Very comfortable, excellent noise cancellation, and very rich sound. Unless you go super high-end ($300+), it's hard to go wrong with these.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

crabbypilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eSure makes and outstanding product. The cheapest earbuds run around 100 and are worth the money. The most expensive I think is arounf 500. I have a pair of the e5c's which at the time was top of the line, but I got them for free so... Anyway. I like the sound quality from the sony earbuds that wrap around your ear. I think they are 12.99 or something like that in the states.

For over the ear I have the Bose Q3C's or whatever they are. I think they are outstanding, but my esures sound better. I wish they could put the esure drivers with the Bose anr. That would make an outstanding audio device

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a Bose guy for nearly thirty years.
Still have my Studiocraftvspeakersvfrom then, working fine.
As such, Bose QC3 for noise canceling is what I use.
Bose in ear for when I want something lite.
Love Bose.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I've review a number of threads concerning Bluetooth earphones - I have an iPod and a new iPad - would love to be non-corded to my iPod (like when on a treadmill!).

There have been some excellent recommendations in this and other threads; however, when I review these products on Amazon, the ratings are often just 3* or so w/ many negative comments (e.g. quality of sound & comfort) - also, many of these are rather expensive, some (esp. w/ noise cancellation) approaching the cost of an iPad!

What am I looking for in a Bluetooth earphone set: 1) Affordability (would like to not pay much over $50); 2) Comfort (don't like ear buds as much as the other options); 3) Sound quality (is this technology really mature?); and 4) Compactness (I travel a lot and want earphones that are small, fold, and take up little room).

Thus, just to continue this thread - what may be my best options? Thanks all for your input - :)

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Creative EP630 or Sennheiser CX300 ( or varients of) are both good bets for a value earphone - careful of eBay as there are lots if counterfeit of both of these. Higher-end; klipsch, jaybird, monster beats, skullcandy and atomic floyd are all good.

Most reactions

Latest posts