What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA Games CEO Says the iPad is its Fastest Growing Platform

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_display.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EA CEO John Riccitiello has been speaking to IndustryGamers about the seismic shift that the iPad, iPhone and iOS gaming in general has created within the gaming world. He even goes so far as to say that consoles are no longer the dominant force in gaming. He also says that the previous cycle of console and game releases is effectively dead, killed by the success of iOS gaming and mobile gaming in general. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Consoles used to be 80% of the industry as recently as 2000. Consoles today are 40% of the game industry,†Riccitiello told IndustryGamer, before going on to say that the iPad is EA’s fastest growing platform.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In a later report on recent remarks to investors by Riccitiello, also featured on IndustryGamer, he talks about how EA has been diversifying so that it doesn’t get left behind by this massive shift in the games industry. For example, it has acquired Plants vs. Zombies developer, PopCap Games, to expand its mobile division.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“When this transaction closes, this incredibly talented team will further strengthen EA’s already strong portfolio of IP,†said Riccitiello, also noting that although the games industry has undergone massive changes recently, “games are reaching a far larger audience base than ever before.â€[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]EA CEO: Consoles Now Only 40% of Games Industry - IndustryGamers
EA's Riccitiello Says The Traditional Dev Cycle Is 'Gone Forever' - IndustryGamers

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as long they keep the prices down, people would be using iOS as a casual game plattaform.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, if they would respond by writing more full-featured versions of their Sims 3 for iOS, that would be swell. Maybe they plan to do that with their Facebook Sims game.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else disappointed with the fact that the iPad 2 was promoted on how well infinity blade plays on it yet we haven't seen any more games released at that caliber?

I love game and IB is great but I want more. They seem to be catering to the lowest common denominator.
EA and Gameloft are doing good but where are the others?

Just my two cents.

64GB 3G White iPad

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
Is anyone else disappointed with the fact that the iPad 2 was promoted on how well infinity blade plays on it yet we haven't seen any more games released at that caliber?

I love game and IB is great but I want more. They seem to be catering to the lowest common denominator.
EA and Gameloft are doing good but where are the others?

Just my two cents.

64GB 3G White iPad

Rainbow Six? With 5v5 online....

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will give it a try. Is it as good as IB?

64GB 3G White iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts