What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvd's on the ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely.. Handbrake is the program I'm going to use, when and if I decide I want one of my DVDs on my iPad. There are other programs you can use, too - search the forum, I've seen a few threads on this. :ipad-front:

lukepast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Handbrake too on my mac to rip DVDs for playing on my iPad. If you have VLC player on your mac as well then Handbrake finds it and uses it's code for decrypting the DVDs and works seamlessly -- you put it in and after a short time it suggests which DVD "track" you ought to rip -- check it's the longest one and set it going and go and do something else like go to work or shopping or go to bed as it can take hours!

Then when it's done you can copy it to your iPad with iTunes. If you have a large screen iMac or (as I do) have your mac connected to your large screen TV, you can use VLC Player to watch the ripped movies from your mac:) I set VLC Player to be the default program for playing the .m4v files that Handbrake makes so that it doesn't fill your harddrive with copies every time you double click on one (as iTunes copies it every time you do this)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts