What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD to iPad

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried several iPad converters but only copies 5 mins worth because it's only trial.

Anyone know of a good converter for iPad that's free?

OP
I

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That doesn't help me sorry thanks anyway.

All I need is if any knows of any good iPad converters but free.

OP
I

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am installing format factory now.

It does say drag your videos now when I come to do that I have 2 files on the DVD one is audio which when i open is empty and other is Video. That has about 5 files in there how do I know which file to use?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without seeing the folders on your particular DVD's, it is impossible to tell you which ones to pick.

snoozee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download Magic DVD Ripper - you can use it 5 times for free. You can choose which format you want to save your file in e.g ipod (mpeg4) which will play on your Ipad.

If you already have an .avi file (as example) reasearch on the net and you will find a converter which you can use for free as i have one, yet am at work at the moment and can't remember the name of it.

OP
I

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download Magic DVD Ripper - you can use it 5 times for free. You can choose which format you want to save your file in e.g ipod (mpeg4) which will play on your Ipad.

If you already have an .avi file (as example) reasearch on the net and you will find a converter which you can use for free as i have one, yet am at work at the moment and can't remember the name of it.

I don't mind if you can only download 5 I only want a couple of movies on my iPad.

I tried it and it works thanks a lot for your help and everyone else much appreciated.

Chng238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe you can try free studio manager from dvdvideosolf , it free and user friendly...

It easy to use just open the DVD & Video inside free studio manager, look for free video to iPhone converter, open which movie you want to convert, convert it, and it will auto link to iTunes, all you need to do was, syne your iPad or iPhone to the iTunes...

Only problem it take time to convert, sometime it may take 1 hour to convert one movie, anyway is free...

Hope this may help you...

OP
I

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe you can try free studio manager from dvdvideosolf , it free and user friendly...

It easy to use just open the DVD & Video inside free studio manager, look for free video to iPhone converter, open which movie you want to convert, convert it, and it will auto link to iTunes, all you need to do was, syne your iPad or iPhone to the iTunes...

Only problem it take time to convert, sometime it may take 1 hour to convert one movie, anyway is free...

Hope this may help you...

I'll try that when I have used my free trial with Magic Ripper I still got 4 more movies to convert and don't know which DVDs to put put on.

Thanks for that chng:)

Chng238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sir,

Please go to wwww.dvdvideosolf.com to download free studio, from studio you can choose which converter you need....

I been using that gore more than 6 months, I don't see any limit of time, it only problem slow, normally I let my pc run over the night...

Hope it will help....

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com

kpbrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the venerable and free Handbrake, this is what I use for PC and Mac. Use a 640 x 480 - 720 x 480 resolution up to a 2000 bitrate or constant quality up to 63%. Encode using .H264 for video and AAC audio codec. This will give you the best quality / reasonable file size. Read this post and I think you will find a lot information: Custom movie size for iPad using Handbrake and: Screen resolution / image quality on iDevices

I used that to convert The Office DVD to the iPad format but when I play it, the quality and video is all messed up. Everything is played like how a television with a bad satellite is played. Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Nvm, FormatFactory works well

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts