What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropping WiFi

all2easy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone else suffer from constantly losing their WiFi connection?
This has only happened since upgrade to iOS 4.2.
I have to constantly go back to "Settings" and switch between flight mode and normal to allow my ipad to reconnect. Anyone have an answer?

DrJNAB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not yet, but frequently in previous version. DrJ

zzeng0502

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do too, I already downgraded to 3.2.2 , this is a known problem, u can see a thread Of more than 10 pages reply on apple's official forum of ppl having the same problem. And there is no fix for it

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems in fact my connection speed is blazing fast and consistent. I enjoy the upgrade and the features. Apparently the 4.3 is coming in December and giving the apple history they probably would charge users with lower than 4.2 .

tangoremote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you the Tango Remote User??

Hi All2Easy,

I just noticed that you reported a problem with our Tango Remote App on the UK App Store. This problem may be related to your wi-fi problems. Did you read the FAQ in Tango Remote? We couldn't find any emails from you to our support dept. Please contact us and we will try to help you fix this problem.

Regards,
Paul
Tango Support

Mike245

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far so good

Never lost wifi before the upgrade. Lost it 2 times since upgrading the first day it was available for no apparent reason; however, am generally very pleased with the Ipad's performance under the new version. The wifi problem seemed to go away after the initial bout. I love Airprint with my HP c410a!!!!

Andrew HB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a problem since my upgrade to 4.2. I have altered a setting within the wifi settings of my router to fix it. WMM in my router relates to multi media use. Since I enabled this I have had no further dropouts. Hope the is of some use to someone.

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't lose my connection often while using my ipad but whenever I power the ipad down and then restart it, the wifi doesn't automatically reconnect.
I have to turn wifi off, thurn it back on and then choose my connection to get it going. This only started happening after the software upgrade.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have started loosing my Wi-Fi connection several times a day, I go into settings and tap on renew and some times it comes back. Maybe I will have to go to 3G full time just to use the ipad. I'm not having any problems with my wireless laptop losing the connection. I forgot to mention I also loose connection with the HP Eprint center,and they are down many hours in the day.

Al.

limey-g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lose my connection if I set it down for a few minutes it will not reconnect.
no problem when in constant use.

Most reactions

Latest posts