What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropping off website back to homepage

kkpost56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original iPad and just recently when I am browsing the TMZ website my iPad will drop off and return to the iPad homepage (dashboard?). It doesn't do this with other websites and it's quite annoying. Any suggestions?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a RAM limitation issue. When the iPad 'runs out of RAM' the app quits and returns you to the homepage. You can mitigate the effect by completely switching off the iPad by holding down the Power button until the slider control appears then acceptiing the offer to switch off. When the iPad turns off and powers up again, the operating system does a number of 'clean up' operations, one of which is to consolidate all the free RAM, so this will help. But, if the web page is simply too large for Safari to handle (intense graphics, lots of other information etc) then the iPad may simply be unable to handle it.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts