What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DropDAV isn't free anymore

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropdav no longer free

I received an email stating I was being migrated. It will now cost 5.00 a month. I hope this doesn't mean Dropbox will come with a fee too!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, too bad. Not that I think it isn't worth $5 a month if you use the iWorks suite a lot. But since I already have iDisk I'll be dropping it. iDisk isn't quite as convenient as DropBox + iWorks, but it does well enough that I can't justify $60 more a year on top of my MobileMe payments.

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In addition to my MobileMe account for syncing calendars, I use a $100/yr. DropBox account to sync files between computers. Adding another $60/yr. for WebDav access to the DropBox files seems excessive especially when one considers the number of apps that connect with DropBox directly. I am not sure I have anything that absolutely requires WebDav access to DropBox?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not too happy with the fact that they just drop it on us, oh by the way it's now $5!

Could have at least said dropdav was no longer free from may, I didn't even know they were upgrading!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You have a 14 day grace period before they automatically close the account. Here is a copy of the letter, for those that don't have it.

Attachments

• DropDave Letter.jpg
    DropDave Letter.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats a shame... looks like i will have to get rid of that and find another free service. I use it for school. Alot easier to access and more reliable then burning on a cd.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$5 a month across the board. No way I'm paying that to transfer the all of one file a week I tranfer to my DropBox. Not worth it to me.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome. I'll check it out. My files are just quick little stories I write and they only average 20k.

Reaction score
iMadHatter said:
thats a shame... looks like i will have to get rid of that and find another free service. I use it for school. Alot easier to access and more reliable then burning on a cd.

Dropdav.appspot.com offers similar functionality for free, though the maximum size per file is limited to 1MB.

PaulRidden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is also CloudDav from SMEStorage which is free if you purchase their iOS App or $5 one time fee if not. It also works with other Clouds you map to your Account other than DropBox. I'm also using it with SkyDrive and a home WebDav server.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoa. Was another thread merged with mine or something? I started this baby but it now says someone else did and has a few posts before my original one.

Most reactions

Latest posts