What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox

Richbari

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When people put things in my Dropbox they don't work. Any ideas

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi rich...some documents may not be compatible with Dropbox. What is it that they are trying to share with you.

Also:

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
R

Richbari

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is tv program that we do at our church that I preview before sending to the television station sent to me by our producer

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An awesome program.
if only the new ipad was just as awesome. cause for some strange reason i cannot edit none of my excel documents. i have no problems when i use the same dropbox with my android devices i can just edit and save back up to the dropbox. things that make me go hummm.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
if only the new ipad was just as awesome. cause for some strange reason i cannot edit none of my excel documents. i have no problems when i use the same dropbox with my android devices i can just edit and save back up to the dropbox. things that make me go hummm.

Before getting the Pages app I could open my word docs, but could not edit. Now with my word processing app, I can now read and edit my docs. Do you have The Numbers App to be able to edit from your iPad?

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before getting the Pages app I could open my word docs, but could not edit. Now with my word processing app, I can now read and edit my docs. Do you have The Numbers App to be able to edit from your iPad?
since your a mod i'll ask you if it is ok to post my youtube video of what's wrong with my ipad. maybe someone here has had the same issue?

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok folks here's my video i did on my ipad problem hopefully someone will have a solution to my problem so i won't have to return it.

Last edited by a moderator:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Phonegeek,

I reviewed your video. I cannot help you with your dropbox question--I am not sure what is going on with the editing issue. I would have suggested that you get an app in order to edit your spreadsheets-however, you have already done that. Many members do not realize that a separate app is required for the editing portion when opening a document from the Dropbox app.

Regarding the Apple ID password issue, some app allow the app store to be open for ~15 minutes after you have made a purchase. I know this to be true for some of the games that I play. I do not know how you would get around entering your Apple ID password. Perhaps others may know or perhaps your visit to the Apple Store will give you some good information.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Phone geek: Unfortunately, the problem isn't with your iPad, it's with your Documents2Go app. I don't think it's been updated to play well with iOS 5. I don't have a solution for you, because I, too, had a pretty bad experience just now in trying to use that app to view a .xlsx file I had in Dropbox. As in, it didnt work very well and was just as bad as in your video.

Unfortunately, all I can recommend is trying another app to view Excel files (QuickOffice has good reviews ... thought I've not tried it) or waiting until Docs2Go gets updated. Not a good answer, I know - but that's all I got. Sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in with a good app they have that views Excel files well...

Oh, and for putting in the password while at the store? That's an Apple security thing, even for free apps. The only way around it, if it can be called a workaround, is to do downloads within a 15 minute timeframe, cause that's how long your password session lasts.

Gee, aren't I the bundle of good and helpful news. Unfortunately, I'm not. Sorry, again.

Marilyn

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all those who have given input, I will try to go to the genius store and see if they have any recomendations. I will report back if I find any new info.

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i went to the apple and no luck they could not find any app that would run my excel docs as smooth as my GSII. so i ended up giving the ipad to my kids. and went and bought a real tab. i got the transformer prime. and now my docs run just as good as they do on my desktop, i am a happy camper once again:)

Most reactions

Latest posts