What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading photos from PC to ipad

300cman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I'm 71 years old and have never done anything with i-anything. :confused: I'm very familar with computers and digital cameras. This looks like a very well informed forum so I thought I would ask "how do I download photos from my PC to ipad?"
I talked to a guy at an Apple store and he said go to itunes. I've also googled and still can't find what I need!
Can anybody help me?

Last edited:

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the process. Attach your ipad to your computer. Itunes should launch. If it doesn't launch automatically, then launch it yourself. Same process Mac or Windows. When it comes up click on your ipad icon in the left column. When you do it will show a picture of it, it's software level and when it will check for a new release. There will be tabs across the top of that box. If I remember without looking photos will be the last tab. Whichever one it is, click on it. There you will have the options of how to handle your photos. You can click on sync all or select only specific folders. At this point it's your choice. Remember when you say all photos, it will sync ALL PHOTOS. That could be thousands if you are a prolific photographer. I suggest try a folder or two to get the feel of it. If you pic a folder with sub folders, each sub folder will be brought in as an individual stack or folder. Ipad doesn't support nested folders yet. Click on apply after you choose the folders you want. Those folders will be synced to your ipad and installed there on your next sync and will keep those photos on your ipad as long as you have them checked here. You can uncheck them at any time, but then they will be removed from the ipad. When you are comfortable that they are there and how you want them, you can check all the other folders you want. Please note that the pictures will be optimized for the ipad as they are loaded and it can take a little while depending upon the speed of your computer and number of photos you choose. Good luck, the process is much faster and easier to do and not nearly as complex as it may seem from this lengthy description.

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome fellow Texan!

The best place to get help,is the iPad help forum on this site..... Here is a direct link iPad Help - Apple iPad Forum . This forum is actually for introductions, and help with this website.......

BTW i'm in Granbury, about 30 miles south of Fort Worth. So you are about an hour away..... I picked up my iPad from the Apple store on University Drive In Fort Worth. That may be the closest one to you as well..... Anyway, enjoy your iPad!

Last edited:

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems people already helped you.:)

Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!!!:)

Charlie Farlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the process. Attach your ipad to your computer. Itunes should launch. If it doesn't launch automatically, then launch it yourself. Same process Mac or Windows. When it comes up click on your ipad icon in the left column. When you do it will show a picture of it, it's software level and when it will check for a new release. There will be tabs across the top of that box. If I remember without looking photos will be the last tab. Whichever one it is, click on it. There you will have the options of how to handle your photos. You can click on sync all or select only specific folders. At this point it's your choice. Remember when you say all photos, it will sync ALL PHOTOS. That could be thousands if you are a prolific photographer. I suggest try a folder or two to get the feel of it. If you pic a folder with sub folders, each sub folder will be brought in as an individual stack or folder. Ipad doesn't support nested folders yet. Click on apply after you choose the folders you want. Those folders will be synced to your ipad and installed there on your next sync and will keep those photos on your ipad as long as you have them checked here. You can uncheck them at any time, but then they will be removed from the ipad. When you are comfortable that they are there and how you want them, you can check all the other folders you want. Please note that the pictures will be optimized for the ipad as they are loaded and it can take a little while depending upon the speed of your computer and number of photos you choose. Good luck, the process is much faster and easier to do and not nearly as complex as it may seem from this lengthy description.
Thanks, this worked for me too. However it uploaded all the photos from each folder that I specified, which was not ideal for me as I only wanted about 5 pics from each folder and had to upload about 150 photos to get these 20 pics. Furthermore I couldn't delete the ones I did not require..... So guess what? I reverted to microsoft. To my photo library. I then selected all the pics I wanted and copied them to a specific , new folder which I then downloaded to my iPad! I think this is an absolute faff! But I didn't have any ash can or delete button anywhere in pictures .... So this was the best of a bad job..... Not very happy. I am no techno guru, but what an effort for a few pics...... Surely someone can provide an easier way of managing pc to iPad pics..... .??? It would be much appreciated.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone told me that for photos, that is the only thing the iPad can connect directly to Windows to transfer...as in , you should be able to transfer photos from the iPad like a digi cam via Windows.

I haven't tried it yet, though.

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also how I do it is, email photos from my pc to the iPad email account done it many times sending photos from my iPhone to the iPad can done aswell which works a treat.

MNobre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xilisoft iPad Magic

Hi all,

Just downloaded Xilisoft iPad Magic and it works like a charm, almost fits on what I was looking for: manage photos, upload/download through lists, etc. Now I'm looking for its 'free' version or, I mean, a competitor that does what this software do without costing what it costs, very expensive for one software.

Cheers

Mario

Elizabetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded one file and it worked fine. But when I downloaded a second file of pics, it deleted the first. anyone know why?

Jomorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloading pictures into separate folders on iPad

Hi, I also have had problems downloading photo folders to my new iPad2. I have all my photos in My Pictures and within this sub folders for each album. When I select My Pictures it downloads all the photos into one folder on ipad and I lose sub folder structure of my albums. On iTunes on PC the Radio button is set to set to select all folders and I cannot change this to select individual folders (as I thought selecting these individually would allow me to create mutiple folders on iPad - albeit a painful process)

Any ideas?

Regards

:confused:

John

jaisim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Professor - consultant

What an expensive both time and money to just gather photos on My I Pad and I phone with a windows.
They all need doors to throw out

jkbooty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PC to iPad solution

thanks for the help! Great instructions. If you find out anything about how to delete or organize your pics once they transfer to the iPad, please post. Again, thanks!!

JimInChicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
before I buy

I have placed some one of a kind files on my daughter's PC. Videos, .jpgs, Nikon RAW, and .MOV and I want them on my iPad so I can use them. I do not want to use my Mac but, rather, use her computer at her house. Can I buy the ap on my iPad2, hook up to her computer via USB, and then just copy files? Can I copy both ways? Can I also do this on the MAC? I want that ease and freedom because, as a pretty new MAC user, and a 3 month old iPad user, I hate how hard it is. I am used to seeing files and folders. I am 65 and used to program in DOS and I want what I am used to. I want to see what is there and copy any way I want and to delete any way I want without using iTunes. Don't misunderstand, tho, I use iTunes every day for routine maintenance and updating my thousands of podcasts. But I need more than just that. Is this my solution?? Thanks so much for reading my missive.

Plus, on You Tube, the author said it was on sale for just .99 and I cannot find that price in the store.

Most reactions

Latest posts