What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading large app with 3G connection

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an app today from the app store from my iPad and when I try to download it I get a message that it's larger than 20 MB and I need to do this with a WiFi or on my computer........problem is I'm remote and don't have anything but the 3G on my iPad to connect and I wanted the app (navigation for marine application) to use now not when I get back home.

Are there any settings that can be changed to force the download via the 3G connection?

BTW I do have a good 3G and not an EDGE connection.

If this has been covered I can't seem to find it so sorry in advance.

Paul

Last edited:

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your paddy Is jailbroken there Is two apps that takes care of that issues, but again, your paddy has to be jailbroken.

Yet again, must have a jailbroken iPad, becuase these are only available on Cydia & Rock.

These apps are basicly doing this:

"My3G & 3G unrestrictor makes Apps believe that they are on WiFi instead of 3G. With My3G or 3G unrestrictor, you can now watch HiDef YouTube videos, use Skype/Fring/Other VOIP apps over the 3G network!

MY3G
My3G

and

3G Unrestrictor
3G Unrestrictor · Cydia

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts