What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download YouTube Videos on iPad 2?

DanielHillf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I download YouTube videos on my iPad?

As the title says, is it possible to download YouTube videos and store them on the iPad 2?

Last edited:
OP
D

DanielHillf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought it yesterday so it's not jailbroken.
Also, Tapatalk costs 3 USD, right?
Is it requried the add that stamp to every post?

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe do some research on jail breaking. There's some great topics on this forum that covers everything you need to know. I save all my videos off YouTube on both my iPhone and iPad using pro tube its just an exact replica of YouTube if you was to use it via safari. As for the tapatalk app yes it cos me something like £2-£3 can't remember exactly but I love it. Worth the money especially if you use a variety of forums already or just want to search what forums are supported also. The signature at the bottom of every post is entirely up to you. Can either use it and customise it to how you want or not use it at all.

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
GoodReader just added a new link bookmarklette tool. It lets you download HTML5 videos from Safari to GoodReader. Won't work with Flash, but otherwise works with YouTube; at least on the one video I tested.

Go to Settings, General in the app to copy the bookmark script and follow the instructions.

Attachments

• GRMB.jpg
    GRMB.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 728
OP
D

DanielHillf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll definitely check out the GoodReader app, youtubeinmp4.com worked perfectly btw.
Will compare it to youtubeinmp4 and see which is better.

@Chantelle: Why do you keep the signature, if I may ask? :)

D

dvdcatalyst

As the title says, is it possible to download YouTube videos and store them on the iPad 2?

Another option is to use your computer to do it with Firefox and a free plugin for it called "VideoHelper" I use that combo myself to download MP4 versions of videos on youtube.

MichelleD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I can help with this! If you decide to use the method I use you don't even need to have a jailbroken device or some special app!

First, if you are using firefox or chrome, go and install either greasemonkey or scriptish (I prefer scriptish). After you install either of these and restart your browser, go to userscripts.org, and search for 'youtube center download button'. Download that, and either greasemonkey or scriptish will open a prompt asking if you want to install the script, say yes.

Now, if everything worked, when you load a youtube video, a new button should appear below the video box, with a drop down menu when you click it, that lets you save the file in several different formats and qualities. The one you want is the mp4 format. So click on the quality link you want under the mp4 section, and it'll open up a regular 'save as' box. Then just save it somewhere, and when it completes, plug up your iPad to iTunes, and drag the mp4 file onto your library.

I've done this, and it's worked for all of the videos I've downloaded using this method. It's great because you don't have to have a jailbroken device, and it's pretty simple.

Hope this helps! :)

MichelleD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh oops, I was thinking about how I do it ( where I dl them from my comp first.) Good luck though, keep us posted. :)

Most reactions