What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrade iPad 1 firmware

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello again everybody, like the title said i'm trying to downgrade my iPad 1 firmware since the 4.3.5 isn't as good as the 4.3.4(i accidentally got the 4.3.5 when i did a restore because my iPad was in a reboot loop) i read what was wrote in f4780y's guide (i read this guide http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html) i did what he said step by step but at the very beginning i've had the first problem, as soon as i plugged my iPad to the mac and opened tiny umbrella i got an error that said " Request SHSH From Cydia" is currently set. this can cause issues if you are trying to save current SHSHs as Cydia i no longer able to reliably proxy SHSH requests. please change your setting in the advanced tab and click the apply changes button or use the edit menu to apply changes" i couldn't understand anything at all of what was written here but i took a picture just in case and then i clicked OK which was the only thing that i could click but exactly after i clicked on OK i got a new error message that says "you currently have "Set Hosts to Cydia on exit" set. if you are having issues restoring, you need to uncheck this box and apply changes. BE WARNED! if you restore stock apple firmware, your baseband can and likely will be updated" i'm truly sorry but i couldn't understand this one either but i clicked ok again as it was the only thing that i could do, then i clicked on START TSS SERVER like the guide said (i forgot to said that i checked on cydia and i had 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 blobs saved)but where the blobs supposed to show up they didn't it was like i had no blobs at all saved so i checked again cydia and they were there but according to tiny umbrella i had none, if i understood correctly the SHSH blobs should show up where they do in the first screen in the guide if it is correct then they don't, could anyone explain me how can i save them in tiny umbrella too? (i only have them saved on cydia and i don't know if i had to transfer them in the computer or something else i really know very little about these things just what i read in the guides and also less since i don't understand everything). Thanks everyone.

P.S. I think i understood the rest of the guide, my only problem was about saved blobs(i wanna downgrade to 4.3.4^^)

EDIT: Sorry everyone but i accidentally skipped a few steps while i was following the guide i think i solved the problem. sorry again

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, hopefully you just ignored the message on startup and followed the guide exactly as it is written. If you don't follow it exactly you won't get your blobs downloaded from Cydia.

Most reactions

Latest posts