What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

double (click) touch on iOS 5 (iPAD 1)

stuu_it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there,
this is my first post so first of all I to everyone from Italy.

I updated my iPAD1 to iOS 5 this morning...apart from being shockingly slow after upgrading, my iPAD1 now requires kind of a "one touch" to select (one selected the area is somehow highlighted) and "double touch/click" to confirm any action... I don't even know anymore how to scroll/flip pages...

Plus since set-up of new iOS I have an annoying voice describing any action/area selected.

At first I thought it was some kind of easy accessibility but I really can't find anywhere a menù to remove this "feature".

I read the iOS5 manual for iPAD and browsed the web but I didn't find anything about it...

Can you please help on the matter? I'm getting crazy, and I'm actually totally stuck.

Thanks for your support,
Stuu

Steveipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there,
this is my first post so first of all I to everyone from Italy.

I updated my iPAD1 to iOS 5 this morning...apart from being shockingly slow after upgrading, my iPAD1 now requires kind of a "one touch" to select (one selected the area is somehow highlighted) and "double touch/click" to confirm any action... I don't even know anymore how to scroll/flip pages...

Plus since set-up of new iOS I have an annoying voice describing any action/area selected.

At first I thought it was some kind of easy accessibility but I really can't find anywhere a menù to remove this "feature".

I read the iOS5 manual for iPAD and browsed the web but I didn't find anything about it...

Can you please help on the matter? I'm getting crazy, and I'm actually totally stuck.

Thanks for your support,
Stuu

Sounds like the voice over is switched on.
Settings>General>Accessibility>VoiceOver

OP
S

stuu_it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like the voice over is switched on.
Settings>General>Accessibility>VoiceOver

Thanks a lot. Fixed.

Problem was also maily to scroll a page.

Now everything's fine and back to normal

:)))

Most reactions