What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your iPad gets heavier over time?

coolcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you feel that your iPad is getting heavier from the time you first got it? Is there a technical reason for that? More apps, perhaps? E=MC^2, somehow apps changes E, entropy over time, thereby increases M?:p

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didnt notice that , I have it since May. Still weigh the same for me :)

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume you mean "became more sluggish"
Which might be true. I don't know how the fragmentation goes on the iPad, but I assume that something does happen with the files, that start being scattered all around the place.
So it may take longer to locate them.
But maybe not.
One thing is sure. The files you have the more sluggish it will be

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean physically heavier then no. Einstein's equations would mean the physical amount of energy added would have to be enormous before their would be any measurable difference in mass.

I believe the phenomenon you are looking at is called muscle fatique. ;)

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One thing that hasn't got heavier for most people since the iPad is the old money bank! ;)

slim gravy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine has help make me thousands of dollars in the month that i have owned it...

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember when I first installed Infinity Blade, my iPad got so heavy I couldn't pick it up. I had to have my wife help me to move the iPad to my lap so I could play the game. I deleted it right after I played it.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine felt surprisingly heavy right out of the box. I then realized that hand holding it would not be possible for me.

Maybe you macho guys can do it but for me a few minutes holding it in one hand is fatiguing.

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lool at holding this make ur arm tired! Maybe you need to get down the gym.

No i havent noticed it getting heavy or sluggish, its the same since i got it

OP
coolcat

coolcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If iPod which is much smaller than ipad can get heavier, the effects could be exponential for ipad with apps, files, music, video and photos:confused:

Last edited:

Habry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the relativistic sense, yes, frame-dragging makes my iPad heavier, so I trot upstairs, where it's ever-so-slightly lighter. As a bonus, I age a tad more slowly up there too … but then my wife calls up & reminds me I said I'd clean the attic last fall. Maybe there's an app for making her forget again.

OP
coolcat

coolcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google "iPod getting heavier"
Check the link below...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts