What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this app exist?

CPGoldstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Is there an app that will allow me to DL a youtube video as a whole to place on my iPad? Or is it illegal as well?

Thanks!

-CP

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its not an app, but there is a program called Freecorder4 (for Windows) Freecorder 4 - Free Video Downloader

This program pulls the video from the temp file and then converts it to MP4 format. You still have to sync the new file to your iPad like any other video file.

Is it legal? I am not a lawyer so I can't answer that!

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Legal?
1. Read the Terms and Conditions on Youtube.
2. If Youtube wanted its videos to be downloadable, then there would be "Download Video Here" link directly on the Youtube site.
3. Video Producer's (term used lightly) rights are also being violated. If you want a video from Youtube, contact the person who actually owns the rights to that video.

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Is there an app that will allow me to DL a youtube video as a whole to place on my iPad? Or is it illegal as well?

Thanks!

-CP

It is illegal if you download a YouTube video then start selling tickets to your family, friends, or any people you never knew, so they could watch the video clip.

It is illegal if you copy the YouTube video to CD-Rs and then sell them off for £5 each (whatever curreny you use wherever you live).

In other words, it is only illegal if you attempt to make copies of the video and sell them off to make money for yourself.

The easier way to remember is: If you want to make money out of selling video clips, make your own video clips.

You may download a YouTube video clip and save it to your iPad IF you plan to keep it for yourself and to watch it whenever you want (to save yourself the time of having to log on to the Internet, find the clip, and download it again to watch it again), and that you do not plan to pass it on to others, ever if either free or to make money out of it. You'll be okay as long as you only keep it for yourself and watch it when you wish.

Hope this helps?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cool - off to download my favorite eps of Never Mind the Buzzcocks (the one with Amy Winehouse and the one with Jamelia and Lily Allen)!

Most reactions