What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Penultimate Support Stylus? What stylus are you using?

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Been hearing a lot about Penultimate as a great note-taking app. This sounds great for a student like me...Does it support stylus-use though?

Thing is - what kind of stylus should be bought? I grabbed my dad's old stylus for his Palm and it didn't work (didn't think it would but it was worth a try)...

What type of stylus are you using? HOw are you maximizing this feature on iPad?

JFrazier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did the exact same thing and have the exact same question!

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Been hearing a lot about Penultimate as a great note-taking app. This sounds great for a student like me...Does it support stylus-use though?

Thing is - what kind of stylus should be bought? I grabbed my dad's old stylus for his Palm and it didn't work (didn't think it would but it was worth a try)...

What type of stylus are you using? HOw are you maximizing this feature on iPad?

You need a stylus that works on a capacitive screen. I am using a Pogo stylus (bought at the Apple store for $15 US) and it works well. I have an issue with it because I use an Invisible Shield on my iPad, so if I remove that it would work much better.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a Boxwave Capacitive stylus. Also rebranded udner Griffin & Targus. Cheap and works very well.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Boxwave, Targus (Griffin) and Stylus r Us are all generally regarded as being superior to the Pogo.

The app neu.Notes is, imo, much better than Penultimate (which is not a bad app, it just doesn't do much and its ink is not as good as neu.Notes').

neu.Notes also happens to be free for some mysterious reason.

ajstan99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Boxwave Capacitive stylus. Also rebranded udner Griffin & Targus. Cheap and works very well.
+1 on the Boxwave. I have the iPad case and the clip on the stylus slides securely on the hinge so it's easy to always have the stylus available.

Most reactions

Latest posts