What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does cydia have my 3.2.1 shsh blob?

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been using 3.2 since I got my iPad. I missed out on 3.2.1, stupidly, because I wasn't paying attention. I never updated to 3.2.2, but I did save my SHSH blob when I jailbroke using Spirit on 3.2. But, when I open up Cydia, at the top it says in green: "SHSH: iOS 3.2, 3.2.1, and 3.2.2." Does this mean I can downgrade to 3.2.1? Do you only have to save it once? If so, how do I use my SHSH blob to downgrade? Thanks!

OP
K

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Here I was kicking myself for the past few weeks.. So it's saved even if I never upgraded the firmware? I guess I thought I had to upgrade, jailbreak, then save a new SHSH blob for every version

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be on the safe side u could check If your blobs are saved with the program called TinyUmbrella.

TinyUmbrella speaks with the Cydia server and checks If your SHSH is saved for a special firmware on Cydia.

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/2010/07/ios-401-and-ipad-321-is-out.html

This program does not change anything on your iPad, just checka If It´s there.

Just ask If u need any help doing this.

Firmwares can be downloaded here:
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=8500

Last edited:
OP
K

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I connect my device and open up TinyUmbrella, then click "Display SHSHs" and after "...can be restored safely:" there is nothing. It detects my device.. on the left side, it just has my iPad and version 3.2. Does this mean I cannot do it?

nevermind! i think i have it

Last edited:

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Driving home from work right now, will post on again as soon as i get home. 1 hour

U have to choose what firmware it shall search for

Last edited:
OP
K

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it, thanks! My iPad is running 3.2.1 now. So apparently after you upload your SHSH blob to Cydia once, you are able to get all versions thereafter? I didn't know that

OP
K

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you weren't jailbroken on 3.2, then there's no chance it will have it. If you were jailbroken and uploaded your blob to Cydia, then use the TinyUmbrella program above

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't find tumbrella in cydia.where do you get it?

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Stian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar issue when I am trying to backup my non-jailbroken Ipad 3.2 with TinyUmbrella 4.1.4.

If I try to save SHSH as 3.2, it states "This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

If I try to save as 3.2.2, everything seems OK.

I understand that Apple does not sign older firmware versions, which is probably why I cannot save my SHSH as 3.2. But does this now mean that I can restore my Ipad to a original 3.2.2 while it still is running (a soon to be jailbroken) 3.2 version? Or simply just restore it with the Itunes restore option?

Last edited:

Most reactions