What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone else name all their devices

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Does anyone else name all their devices?Mine have names.3 PCs: MR Lovecraft. HAL Jr, , and the FrankenPackard. iPad6: THe Titanic, iPhoneX, The Bismark.....(When exposed to WiFi, they both sink...er,sync)! I have reasons for all the names. THe FrankenPackard has a replced HDD, which is like the nrw brain in Frankenstein`s monster.......Mr Lovecraft is an HP. They all 3 are....... I may need some counciling......... L

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone else name all their devices?Mine have names.3 PCs: MR Lovecraft. HAL Jr, , and the FrankenPackard. iPad6: THe Titanic, iPhoneX, The Bismark.....(When exposed to WiFi, they both sink...er,sync)! I have reasons for all the names. THe FrankenPackard has a replced HDD, which is like the nrw brain in Frankenstein`s monster.......Mr Lovecraft is an HP. They all 3 are....... I may need some counciling......... L
Every one of my Apple devices has it’s own name. It makes it easy to find the right device in find my iPhone if it’s ever lost or stolen. It also makes it easier to find the correct backup among many similar devices.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was born early in May, which makes me a Taurus (I don’t believe in horoscopes, btw,).

So I’ve called my MacBook Pro Taurus, and I’ve named my iDevices and Apple Watch after some of the stars: Aldebaran (my 5 year old iPad Pro 12.9-inch, the largest of them all), Celaeno, Atlas, Maia, Electra, ...

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I suppose I could name my old iPad2 the Lusitania.....IT still works....and syncs like a boss.

Nice pun, Laura. If you had a 12.9, you'd no doubt call it Titanic.

OTOH, if you only backed it up once a year, between April and June, it would be Synco de Mayo.

OP
PrismStudios

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
The Bismarck. The case is a ZIZO bolt...... E6E14B32-5B9A-4681-8676-693CEBBE3D18.jpeg

Most reactions