What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dock extender that works with the HDMI adapter?

Ipadgk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the Griffin Survivor case and the case opening isn't wide enough for the HDMI connection kit. Tried a dock extender, but it didn't work. Does anyone know of an extender that is compatible? Thanks guys,

OP
I

Ipadgk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't really help me much, but thanks anyway. I need to hook up to random TV's for presentations and whatnot...so I won't always have access to apple TV. Tis feature does require Apple TV correct?

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipadgk said:
Doesn't really help me much, but thanks anyway. I need to hook up to random TV's for presentations and whatnot...so I won't always have access to apple TV. Tis feature does require Apple TV correct?

I hope not because I would love to play games on bigger screen.

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple tv is required. $100

if you have 2 iDevices, maybe AirServer can hook you up.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using the Griffin Survivor case and the case opening isn't wide enough for the HDMI connection kit. Tried a dock extender, but it didn't work. Does anyone know of an extender that is compatible? Thanks guys,

Try either of these:

At Amazon: Amazon.com: RadTech 13-860 ProCable Shortz Dock Extender for iPhone, iPod and iPad - Black: Electronics

-or-

At SendStation: SendStation - Products - Dock Extender

Please note that I've tried neither of these. This is just what I found with a Google search. While the one from Amazon has some positive reviews, again, note that I've no opinion. Oh, and there's more if you do a Google search for "dock extender."

Good luck.

Marilyn

toddious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Were you ever able to find anything?

I'm struggling with the same issue. WE're trying to use an iPad inside an enclosure for a trade-show booth, with HDMI video running to an LCD screen above for others to watch. The enclosure is not big enough to house the HDMI AV adapter. Ideally I wanted to run a 30-pin extender from the iPad, and use the AV adapter at the end of the extension, HOWEVER, this does not work. Someone mentioned that the apple HDMI adapter has a DRM chip inside.

I'm wondering if an aftermarket AV adapter would solve this issue, and allow me to use a 30-pin extender between the adapter and the iPad.

Anyone have any input they can provide? Or does anyone have a non-Apple AV adapter that they could try this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ryanbottom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm application the Griffin Survivor case and the case aperture isn't advanced abundant for the HDMI affiliation kit. Tried a berth extender, but it didn't work. Does anyone apperceive of an extender that is compatible? Thanks guys,

Most reactions