What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dock-able iPad protection

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Cheapest iPad Holder

The Cheapest iPad Holder Yet

500x_ipad-holder.jpg
You can stick your fancy-schmancy $100 dock...back in its box, as the New York Times' Multimedia Editor Andrew Devigal has found the cheapest solution yet: a 69 cent business card holder from Office Depot.
Devigal says it's ideal as it "keeps [his] iPad screen tilted enough for easing viewing," making it easier to use with the wireless keyboard. I can just see this becoming a trend—iPad MacGyvers using household appliances as keyboards, cases and shrines. [Andrew Devigal via Unplggd via Technabob]

Last edited:

Umdterps2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.vikrampant.com
For under one dollar I like it ... Keep one at work, various places in the house ... Office depot here I come.

I can just imagine how some people walk around home depot or staples looking for stands, etc ... I would too. (right now working on reusing a folio I like to mount an iPad)

Umdterps2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.vikrampant.com

Franknewbridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have not held the "handheld" cover... But unless it is less than 1mm thick there is no way that it will dock... I tried one that is about 2mm thick and the keyboard wouldn't connect or charge

dancing bird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
supper thin iPad case

Have not held the "handheld" cover... But unless it is less than 1mm thick there is no way that it will dock... I tried one that is about 2mm thick and the keyboard wouldn't connect or charge

Hey, Franknewbridge, it's very good of 1.5 thickness. Please check here: KINROO Electronics Co.,Ltd. . I have got one in my hands, really supper thin, but strong and hard to fit iPad very well.

illusive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speckproducts.com. Has their hard candy case for sale. I also seen them on eBay for $49. They're identical to the iPhone cases but with an additional flap so that you can dock it. IMO it has the best coverage for your iPad and with the added feature seems like a great case.

Most reactions

Latest posts