What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you wish you had purchased the 64gb?(32gb owners)

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've already decided that I want one of these :ipad-front:. My main issue now, is determining whether I should get the 32gb, or go for broke and get the 64gb.

So my question is, do any 32gb owners find themselves wishing they had gone for 64 instead? Is 32gb enough? I have at most 1000 songs, a few hundred pictures, some movies, and I plan on getting a few apps( IBOOK, a few games here and there etc). I don't really have an issue syncing in and out songs and movies for space conservation purposes. I'm thinking should I just absorb the high upfront cost of the 64gb and not have to worry about space, or should I get the 32gb and use that $100 difference to load up on some apps.

Any suggestions, feedback is most appreciated. Thanks for reading :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16gb iPad with almst 800 songs, 43 apps and over 500 photos and I still am only about half full. Granted, I only have 2 full-length videos, but there is still room for plenty more.

Nasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The question is, how much video do you think you'll have?

I have the 32GB and wish I'd gotten the 64GB. I have a lot of videos on there and yes, I could have less. But I'd really rather not have to manage it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
i have the 32Gig and i'm happy with it.

was planning to get a 16gig but got the 32gig because the 16 gigs were sold out. I filled the 16 gigs faster than I planned since my iphone i had a 32gig and only used up maybe 5gigs. right now my 32 gig has about 5 gigs of free space and thats because I have video's loaded on it that are several gigs each. I can easily dump the movies if needed. I think the 64gig is just overkill.

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this REALLY depends on how you plan on using it.

I have an Archos 604 movie player that I filled with movies and then, a year later, realized I only watched a small percentage of them and freed up 75% of the capacity without any issues. I now use my iPad for movie watching.

If you plan on toting a half dozen movies with you then I doubt you'd need more than the 16GB.

But, as has been posted above, if you would rather throw everything you got on there and not worry about it then get as big as you can afford.

But, as a movie watcher with a 16GB I can attest that I am very happy with my decision.

OP
G

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The question is, how much video do you think you'll have?

I have a bunch of movies in the 700mb range. As I was saying before, I don't really have too much an issue with syncing in and out as needed. I'm never in a situation where I'll need to have every movie and song available to me. Even my songs can be trimmed down because frankly, I have a set of songs I listen to fairly regularly, and some that really don't get played much at all. I don't mind 'trimming the fat' off my playlist, so to speak. I'm mainly thinking will 32gb cut it for the apps? I do want to get a few games, not sure how much space they take up, but I can see myself going app-crazy and filling up space fast.

Ropes4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I told my wife to get me the 16 and she picked up the 32. I am memory conscious and don't think I will ever fill up the 32.

OP
G

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this REALLY depends on how you plan on using it.

I have an Archos 604 movie player that I filled with movies and then, a year later, realized I only watched a small percentage of them and freed up 75% of the capacity without any issues. I now use my iPad for movie watching.

If you plan on toting a half dozen movies with you then I doubt you'd need more than the 16GB.

But, as has been posted above, if you would rather throw everything you got on there and not worry about it then get as big as you can afford.

But, as a movie watcher with a 16GB I can attest that I am very happy with my decision.

I would imagine in terms of usage, that it would be a mobile internet device first, an app/game player second, movies third, music last. I don't really feel the pressing urge to dump my entire media collection on there, just that I know for many people, it's about the convenience and peace of mind of not having to worry about space issues. I had a 6th gen Ipod classic 80gb, and I didn't come CLOSE to maximizing that, though you couldn't put the amount of games/apps on it like you can with the touch/pad series. I had about 12 movies and 1000 songs on there, and I must have had at least 60gb left.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32GB 3G and happy with it. I still have 21GB free. It's because I now use StreamToMe if I want to listen to movies,music of video. No reason to download unless I'm planning to travel, and there's a fat chance that I'd do that. I use the iPad mostly to surf the web, read books and magazines.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 32 GB model and think it is plenty big. I have 20 or so games, about 5 gigs of music and 15 or so videos. I have a ton of space left and don't see myself filling it up anytime soon.

nbg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the 32gb, in hindsight the 16gb would have done.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the 32GB and it was the best choice for me. I have about 11GB left for movies as I need.

Most reactions

Latest posts