What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think the smart cover is the best case for ipad 2?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked it up today to test it out and its quite cool! Ive always ignored the smart cover because of the sple fact it doesnt cover the back. Only thing is, for those of you who use it without a back skin does it scratch easily?

What i like is how slim it keeps the ipad 2!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jamesmckeephx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the slim belkin I like it. Protects the front and back and very slim in size

Sent from my evo on tapatalk

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice and simple is NO, you are not protected in the back of the iPad at all. You will find your self buying another case after that.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Speed iRacer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the red leather version. Worked just fine but provided essentialy no protection. After a week I took it back. When the otter box defender became available last week I ordered one.

GrandisT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a black leather case from Targus, professional looking and protects both sides of my ipad. Don't quite like the idea of the smart cover.

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't opt for it especially at the price since its really only going to provide some protection to the front and not the back.

One cover I Really liked that was posted on this site was the iCarbon

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
I picked it up today to test it out and its quite cool! Ive always ignored the smart cover because of the sple fact it doesnt cover the back. Only thing is, for those of you who use it without a back skin does it scratch easily.

A 'cover' is most assuredly not a case - and yes, the lack of back protection is a deal-breaker for many users.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Did you use the search button? I'm thinkin NO. There are a few threads pertaining to this topic.:)

Search!

When I first started on iPF I did not know how to use the search function. Once I found it life became so much easier. I found 99% of my technical questions had already been asked and thankfully answered.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the smart cover it's good for my use mostly home use I have black tpu cover for the back 13 .00$ on eBay and black leather smart cover . It's looks sleek and works good for me .

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a smart cover with iPad2. It was ok. Clever. But,..... It doesn't protect the back of the iPad. We were at Wally World and picked up a full cover, front and back. Incipio, it's heavy duty and very thick. So, defeats the "thinness" of the unit. Oh well, it is protected now!

bufffilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
imo, the apple smartcover is overrated, overpriced, and inadequate. you can buy other covers that will protect front and back, cost the same or even less, and also have the auto-on/off feature using magnets.

i did a lot of research on the different cases out there and bought the marware ceo hybrid. very happy with it.

mdc49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Belkin sells a clear smoky colored piece that fits directly with the smart cover. It even states it on the packaging. I bought mine at best buy for under $40. It works great, and gives you better grip on the iPad when holding it. The rear piece is plastic and has cut outs for the iPad 2 buttons and speaker.

Mine has stayed on without any issues, and I love it.

Link here to it: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Belkin+...lear/2538172.p?id=1218334193795&skuId=2538172

Sorry I couldn't get the hyperlink in. But it's there...

Most reactions

Latest posts