What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you own more than one case?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm asking here because I'm only interested in iPad 3. For my iPad 2, I had more than one case. Actually, I had more than one back snap-on.

Frankly, it looks as if I'm going to do the same thing again with iPad 3. I just got an Incipio SmartFeature, which is nice. But my Apple Smart Cover is worn and the glue along the edges has given up so the fabric is coming apart. Wondering if some superglue could fix that? Anybody dealt with this?

Also, I have a bear motion case coming. I like the stand position I get with the Bear Motion over the SmartCover. I don't like the angle in both positions with the Smart Cover, but I do like it with the Bear Motion.

However, this X-Doria SmartStyle case looks to have similar positions to the Bear Motion:

X-Doria

smartstyle-3.jpgsmartstyle-2.jpg

Anyone tried this one yet? Their other cases look nice too.

And I'm also interesting in the ZaggFolio...I've held off on ordering it because their ship dates seem to be a bit far out.

Am I the only one being obsessive about cases for the iPad?

At least I can give my old iPad 2 cases to my dad when he gets his iPad.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have about eight made for the 3. Two backs with smart covers one in pink and one in red. One zaggfolio in red, which should be here any day. Two others, one in purple and a black one that rotates.. Can't remember who makes it... a really cute black and hot pink houndstooth I'm not sure who makes that one either and two from my favorite line www. Oberondesign.com in red cloud dragon and tree of life in saddle. I'm a girl.. I need accessories

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ha! Only one problem. I'm a guy. I'll try to make sure I have no more than three or four and I'll stick to just black. :)

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok.....I'm starting not to feel totally stupid now. I like changing the look of my iPad...I like it to look different depending on what I'm doing. I do like to keep it light weight most of the time, but I use beefier cases when on travel.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok.....I'm starting not to feel totally stupid now. I like changing the look of my iPad...I like it too look different depending on what I'm doing. I do like to keep it light weight most of the time, but I use beefier cases when on travel.

Same here :)

mgoblue01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an Xcode hard cover for the back and now it fits in the original apple case. I may punch a hole for the mike, but that would be all. I like this case.

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am trying to decide on a new back cover for my new "on the way" iPad . With the heat issue would it be any better to have a hard shell back cover or a soft gel one. Really like the clear hard shell but the soft gel although not completely clear feels really nice. Had to replace my lovely red leather smart cover because it just got so grubby looking with hand marks. Would never buy another leather one again. I did send for a nice black non apple smart cover and was very happy with it. Really looks great for very little money. I have not completely given up on trying to clean my red leather one. Any idea's anybody ? The new black one is suppose to fit both iPads 2 & 3 so will wait and see when it arrives. The good thing is its cleanable...

Sent from my iPad 2 

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a snap-on back on my iPad 1, dropped and dinged it on a corner, so replaced with a TPU silicone back for a bit more protection. Got the identical TPU back for my iPad 2. When I take them on the go, I use a GForm laptop sleeve, which I use for whatever device, netbook or laptop I'm carrying.

For me, cases are just for protection and I go with what's serviceable and nondescript. I avoid cases with flaps and like lightweight backs. I received an Otterbox case as a gift and returned it, because of bulk and weight.

I accessorize what I wear, but devices are just tools to me, so they get the one outfit, lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to decide on a new back cover for my new "on the way" iPad . With the heat issue would it be any better to have a hard shell back cover or a soft gel one. Really like the clear hard shell but the soft gel although not completely clear feels really nice. Had to replace my lovely red leather smart cover because it just got so grubby looking with hand marks. Would never buy another leather one again. I did send for a nice black non apple smart cover and was very happy with it. Really looks great for very little money. I have not completely given up on trying to clean my red leather one. Any idea's anybody ? The new black one is suppose to fit both iPads 2 & 3 so will wait and see when it arrives. The good thing is its cleanable...

Sent from my iPad 2 

Yes, I avoid any case I cannot clean. With iPad held in hands for so many hours, I find it gross otherwise.

L

Lunar

I seem to be buying a few cases lately, think I have 3 or 4 for my wifes iPad1, and I've bought about 3 iPad2 cases as interim measure until I can find one I really like.

We are all have our own likes/dislikes and that applies to iPad cases too...lol I'm not a fan of the newer double/triple fold cases which are supposedly self standing, as the one's I've played with in stores don't seem very stable at all. I prefer the book style folio case, which though adding more bulk which does'nt concern me, the better designed one's do protect quite well, and as they have a one piece stiff back and front are able to support the ipad for viewing films quite well, and feel quite safe and stable too.

The only thing you have to be wary of is that its not placed on a slippy surface or it opens out.
My solution to that is simple, just place it on a thin rubber mouse mat. In fact what I did was to pull off the cotton covering, which pulls away dead easy and leaves no residue on the mat. I then cut it to size, and glue 2 thin strips along the front and back edges, so it's impossible for my iPad case to slip. It really is very stable indeed, and certainly far more stable than many of the folding cases I've seen. I did for for mine and the wifes.. and though simple it does the job well.

I seem to be forever buying cases, infact this morning the postman delivered 2 cheap iPad1 cases I had spotted on Play.com last week as part of their clearout sale. They are 'Cygnett Lavish Book-Style' cases they are selling for £3 including free delivery each...lol yes I did say £3.. I could'nt believe it either, as it must cost more than that to post them out. These cases BTW normally retail at £34, so figured I'd get a couple spare for the wifes iPad one.

I'm currently using a Belkin iPad2 folio case on my iPad3 with one piece front and back so they will stand up by themselves using the mouse mat mentioned previously, I'd like something similiar in design, but a good quality genuine leather, and one that also works properly with the iPad3's sleep function. Most cases seem to use these multi fold idea's they are all using which I'm not overly keen on as they don't seem very stable at all to me.
I don't mind spending £50/£60 on the right case, but I haven't found it yet...though have seen a couple I like, and a bit pricey, but the manufacturer has yet to release one that works on the iPad3 sleep function, so hanging on for the moment until they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like the smart cover when out of the house. It feels like the iPad is going to slip out of my hand when I carry it down by my side.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a bear motion leather case that protects pretty well and provides a stable stand in two positions. It adds minimal bulk. When I travel or to and from work, I use a case logic neoprene case with a handle. The case logic also has a zippered pocket for goodies like ear buds, cables, stylus, etc. I just couldn't get the smart cover to give me the viewing angles I needed. I am thinking about trying the iCarbon case as an additional option.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several different styles of cases gathered before coming up with a combo I like. It is a matter of personal style.

Most reactions

Latest posts