What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you leave your iPad on while charging it?

Do you leave your iPad on while charging it?

• Always (or almost always)

Votes: 220 59.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 91 24.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Never

Votes: 24 6.5%

• Total voters

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I've actually turned mine off more than a half-dozen times since I got it. And four of those times were when I was on an airplane and had to power it down.

Maybe that's bad, LOL.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turn it off when I'm done with it for the day. Of course, it sometimes turns itself back on when the charger is plugged in.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I have actually only powered mine down maybe six times in the 3+ months I've had it. It's good to turn do the full power off every once in a while tom clear memory.....

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have actually only powered mine down maybe six times in the 3+ months I've had it. It's good to turn do the full power off every once in a while tom clear memory.....

Clear memory? What does that mean?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an LCD TV that has run 24 hours per day for the past three years. I lost the remote in 2007.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use to, but then I got my case and it got so very hot, then it was suggested to turn it completely off and charge it if in the case.

So ~ I do and it doesn't get hot anymore.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

Clear memory? What does that mean?

Just as with a computer, there can be memory leaks in applications. Over time they fill up the ram and your device (smartphone, iPad....etc) may get sluggish or even lock up.... it's just a good idea to do a full power off (or re-set, actually the same thing). It is the same as doing a "re-boot" on a computer.... It just cleans things up nice on the inside :)

It's one of those things I try to remember to do every few weeks or so.....

siliconrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not turned mine off or restarted except for the rom update that came out. At night I use nightstand HD so it stays on almost all the time.

wingnut1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't know we could turn them off when charging. I turn mine off and they turn on automatically when I plug the charger in. Probably a setting I missed.

Most reactions

Latest posts