What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do iPad 2's even exist?

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read stories on multiple sites of multiple people buying an iPad 2 that had backlight bleeding only to have returned them for another unit, some people are on their 3rd, 4th, etc iPad 2's!

Anyways, my point is that my local Best Buy and Future Shop (only options I have in town) haven't had any iPad 2's in OVER A WEEK. They say they have no idea when they're getting more, AND I can't put down a reserve for one as they won't let me for whatever reason and my only option is to call daily to see if they've come in, so it's actually very frustrating.

How is it some people seem to have no problems getting one or more , or replacing multiple units and yet in other places you'd think the existence of the iPad 2 is just a myth!!

Puzzled.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A great title for the thread.

At my local Apple Store in Aberdeen they have a sign saying they are receiving frequent deliveries and they certainly have over 10 demo units on display for customers to 'play with'. And I even met a girl in the week who had bought one there and didn't even know there was a shortage.....:(

Tim

ArtistAbel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Khenic said:
I've read stories on multiple sites of multiple people buying an iPad 2 that had backlight bleeding only to have returned them for another unit, some people are on their 3rd, 4th, etc iPad 2's!

Anyways, my point is that my local Best Buy and Future Shop (only options I have in town) haven't had any iPad 2's in OVER A WEEK. They say they have no idea when they're getting more, AND I can't put down a reserve for one as they won't let me for whatever reason and my only option is to call daily to see if they've come in, so it's actually very frustrating.

How is it some people seem to have no problems getting one or more , or replacing multiple units and yet in other places you'd think the existence of the iPad 2 is just a myth!!

Puzzled.

I bought one on march 11th at my local walmart ( way upstate ny) nearest apple store is in Syracuse (about three hours away) and have had no problems ( it seems as if the 1st batch of them were good) from what I read and people who also got them on the first day?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i was in my local apple store this morning and they're giving out reservations to the first come first serve callers who ring up first after they have stock delivered. he told me they're in and out as quick as you like and they never get to see light of day.

sounds like supply is still making them like gold dust in the uk at least. you either need to be lucky and get to the stores as soon as they get stock, or be equally lucky and reserve one

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Khenic said:

Puzzled.

Note that the folks at Best Buy may be lying to you about not having any.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...are_being_held_for_an_upcoming_promotion.html

Otherwise, it all depends upon where you are. I don't know of any immediately for sale here in east-central Wisconsin, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there - I haven't been looking since I ordered mine direct from Apple.

OP
K

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Khenic said:

Puzzled.

Note that the folks at Best Buy may be lying to you about not having any.

AppleInsider | Best Buy says Apple iPad 2 units are being held for an 'upcoming promotion'

Otherwise, it all depends upon where you are. I don't know of any immediately for sale here in east-central Wisconsin, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there - I haven't been looking since I ordered mine direct from Apple.

I'm aware of that story as it was posted on Mac Rumors, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that it is true, I'd sooner chalk it up to the iPad 2 is just in that much demand and it's outpacing supply at the moment. Who knows though, it could be true!

Does anyone have any clue as to why Best Buy would not let me put a reserve down on one? I'm a bit confused about that.

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Khenic said:
I'm aware of that story as it was posted on Mac Rumors, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that it is true, I'd sooner chalk it up to the iPad 2 is just in that much demand and it's outpacing supply at the moment. Who knows though, it could be true!

Does anyone have any clue as to why Best Buy would not let me put a reserve down on one? I'm a bit confused about that.

I pretty much always have a rough time getting my head around Best Buy's policies. On launch day I called the nearest one at 6:00pm and they had one left that was just what I wanted. I offered to pay for it over the phone and then drive up to pick it up. Nyet. Another time I wanted to get a new keyboard (still do, actually) and they had the Apple wireless in stock, but not on display. If they'd been willing to open the boxed unit so I could check it out I most likely would have bought it. Not a chance.

As for this rumor - I haven't followed it back but apparently holding them for a promotion has been 'confirmed'. What sort promotion do you need to sell something you can't keep in stock?

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes there are iPad 2 for sale in stores out there, but they are hard to find. I used the iPad Locator web site to find my iPad 2 and one for a co worker.

iPad Locator. Enter a US zip code and it checks all the Targets in the area for iPad 2's. It appears that the stores receive there stock after lunch on the days they get them.

As for stores not reserving units for people that call, I like that. It helps stop the black-market scumbags from calling all the stores and reserving them for them selfs.

Last edited:

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You been reading too much Mac web news, your title and first psot could fit perfectly as a link bait article. You should submit it and see if you can get paid for it. Be sure to quote a few other sites and you're good to go. :D

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh course iPad 2s exist. I even have a picture of one in Nessie's mouth as it swims Lock Ness. (Although I am having trouble uploading the picture ~ just take my word for it)

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Puzzled.

You're obviously in Canada (you mentioned Future Shop).
I'm in Montreal and have an iPad2 in my hands, bought from an Apple Store in town.

What city are you in? What's the closest Apple Store to you?

If you have an Apple Store within reasonable distance, right after 21h00 each day you can view the stock online and make a reservation for the next day. They'll hold it in reserve. Just walk in, give your name and pay for it. The url is apple.com/ca/ipad/reserve

Another option is ordering it online on apple.ca.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess I was lucky yesterday...went in to a local Apple store in Houston and they had the Verizon WiFi + 3G 32GB in stock and I bought it and walked out with it. Even had my choice of black or white, but preferred black.

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was lucky on day one. I walked into a huge department store in Spain. I was number 55 in the queue and walked out 32 minutes later with an iPad 2. To be honest, I am still in shock.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes they do exist. I'm typing on one now. Had it since march 21st. Loving it too. White 32 gig 3G

Most reactions

Latest posts