What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display of calendar

NevilleT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the iPad and am getting along with most settings etc.

When I sync the iPad with Outlook 2007, my calendar in Outlook 2007 has the week starting on a Sunday, which is how I want it. However, the calendar on my iPad shows the week starting on a Monday.

How do I set my calendar on my iPad to have the week start on a Sunday, as shown in the iPad guide?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Under Settings > General > International change your Regional Format to United States or Canada for Sunday first. The United Kingdom and Australia do Monday first. You can experiment with other regional settings. Be aware that this changes some of your date, time, and other display formats also.

OP
N

NevilleT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - this is a bit strange as my regional setting was South Africa and we never have our calendars starting on a Monday. I have now set the regional setting to Botswana (neighbouring country) and this appears to have fixed the problem.

V1king

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Australia, and since my upgrade to iOS5 (iPad 1), my calendar week starts Sunday. This is incorrect, should be Monday.

Is there anyway to force this? I tried different regions, with no change. am I missing something here?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Other than changing to one of the U.K. regions, no other way.

It may take a few seconds for the Calendar to update after a region change. If it does not do it on it's own close it out of RAM and open it again.

With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

V1king

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Other than changing to one of the U.K. regions, no other way.

It may take a few seconds for the Calendar to update after a region change. If it does not do it on it's own close it out of RAM and open it again.

With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

Thanks. Changed the region to United Kingdom, and calendar is now good, starting on Monday. Apple should be notified, and fix it.....

Most reactions