What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dispatches From the iPad 2 Front Lines!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dItEmWt2qaw[/ame]​

Excitement is mounting all round the US now as the time draws nearer towards 5PM Local Time, when the iPad 2 will go on sale, and many reports are coming about the various lines that are forming outside stores, and the lengths that some people will go to in order to secure themselves an iPad 2, especially now that online orders now have a waiting period of several weeks. Fortune’s Apple 2.0 blog reports on one man in particular who appears to have gone above and beyond! He’s Hazem Sayed, a 53-year-old Kuwait City-born New Yorker, who has just paid a 20-year-old college student $900 for her spot at the head of the queue outside Apple’s Fifth Avenue store. The student, who isn’t named in the report, had been waiting in line for almost 41 hours prior to giving up her spot. Sayed says that his main reason for wanting to buy the spot was to publicise his app company, Zami. Job done, I would say!

Source: Who pays $900 to be No. 1 in line? - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I was gonna say the guy who paid $900 just for a spot n lime was dumb as hellmbut after reading the whole article I can see why. For starters he has the cash to do so..lol then he definitely got his app company advertised more. Kudos to the person who waited, the just earned a free ipad2 plus extra cash for accessories. I'd give my spot up in a heartbeat for that much cash also..lmfao

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty smart of both parties, I'd say, but the app company guy is the smarter of the two. The student should have held out for stock in the app guy's company rather than cash. That would have been really smart.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I was gonna say the guy who paid $900 just for a spot n lime was dumb as hellmbut after reading the whole article I can see why. For starters he has the cash to do so..lol then he definitely got his app company advertised more. Kudos to the person who waited, the just earned a free ipad2 plus extra cash for accessories. I'd give my spot up in a heartbeat for that much cash also..lmfao

Exactly my thoughts, just cheched zami.com and the $900 paying guy did get his apps advertised, good for him and the college student :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts