What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disguised for public transport

iDisguiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've read that the Bible is the most stolen book in America. Maybe not the best choice. I spent about 2 hours making a disguise case from a $10 'Black and Red' notepad. It looks completely normal when closed. If you have that on your lap nobody will know what's inside.

Attachments

• ipad diguiser.jpg
    ipad diguiser.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 372

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like the bookbook a lot just cause its an old book look, i like stuff like that but for sure it would stand out even more so.

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the best option is to have a simple book bag, put the iPad in a case then in the bag. Small iPad-sized bags will tend to be a dead give-away. I keep mine in a bookbag when on the subway. I only take it out if I have a seat near the center of the car (not near the doors) -- I'm more likely to take it out if other people have devices out too.

My bag has snaps on it and I loop one through my case so if someone snatched it they would pull me and my bag along too!

I decided, also that I could not live in fear forever. Not being able to use my fun iPad on the train because I'm scared sucks. It makes the device less useful. But, if you never risk you never live. I'm not rich, but really, even if it were stolen, I can save up for a week or two and buy a new one, it's just a *thing* I won't ever forget that. LIVE. Don't let the scum of the earth cramp your ability to enjoy life!

I once saw a man try to grab an iPod touch from a young kid. The kid cried out and lunged, the thief was grabbed and tripped by multiple train passengers. The iPod fell on the ground** and the thief got away. The iPod still worked and we all comforted the kid and cheered for him since his iPod was fine. NYC is a tough town.

Alternately ,you could find a removable sticker that said "GALAXY TAB" and stick that on the back....

** This is why I bought drop insurance. I have a feeling that an attempted robbery would result in my iPad being dropped... and I'm clumsy.

Dyeman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too use my iPad on the Metro, but here in the VA/DC area, it is not so risky unless you head into the ghetto areas. ...I'm just say'n...

My stealth case solution is to simply slip the iPad + Switcheasy Canvas into a regular zippered folio case I got free from work. Looks like what every other business commuter carries and it has a Homeland Security logo on it.

I really like the look of that Black and Red notebook idea, sneaky;)

Most reactions

Latest posts