What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty screen

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You all know what it is like; you clean up your screen and after half an hour of usage the screen is full of fingerprints and smudges again.
I was thinking of a way to let my screen stay clean. What about something to put on your fingers, like little cloves?
How do you clean up your screen? Or how do you prevent the screen of becomming dirty?

Reaction score
If the fingerprints are bothering, you could always revert to a stylus.

For me, the fingerprints are there, but as they are not even visible when the display is on, it doesn't bother me enough to do something about them.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I nice handily dandy screen protector! There not as visible, still gets a little dirty but you have to clean way less, and so much easier to clean since you know you can't scratch the screen so you can give it a LITTLE elbow grease.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bobmielke said:
Suggestion: If you don't touch your iPad screen, there won't be any fingerprints. There, problem solved.

Since it is impossible to not touch your iPad once you take it out of the box, a better suggestion is to never remove the shrink wrap from the box. Your iPad will remain pristine.

NightFury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the iLuv screen protector. I've heard people say that putting on a screen protector ruins the experience, but I've tried using the iPad once without the protector and, Maybe it's because I've had the protector on since I took the iPad out of the box, but it doesn't feel right unless there's a sheet over the screen for me, haha. It feels smoother, I guess. But of course, even the protector gets fingerprint marks on it so I use the microfiber cloth that came with he iPad case.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bobmielke said:
Suggestion: If you don't touch your iPad screen, there won't be any fingerprints. There, problem solved.

Thanks for the advise! From now on I will just use my iPad as decoration in my living room.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
If the fingerprints are bothering, you could always revert to a stylus.

For me, the fingerprints are there, but as they are not even visible when the display is on, it doesn't bother me enough to do something about them.

A stylus is ok, but what about typing? That would take ages.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itzxdjx said:
I nice handily dandy screen protector! There not as visible, still gets a little dirty but you have to clean way less, and so much easier to clean since you know you can't scratch the screen so you can give it a LITTLE elbow grease.

Does the screen really gets less dirty? Where can I get such a screen protector?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dirty screen?
ironic.jpg
If it bothers you, wipe it with a cloth. My iPad is nearly 1 year old, and I've never used a screen protector. It gets hard use and has a couple of scratches, but no screen protector would have prevented those. Like the fingerprints, they are completely invisible when the display is on.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Does the screen really gets less dirty? Where can I get such a screen protector?

Not sure what 'dirty' means exactly, but I have a matte (antiglare) screen protector and it is very oil- and fingerprint-resistant. Practically no 'skid marks' at all, whether on or off. I clean it with a wet wipe every few days, which keeps it pristine.

Most reactions