What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Differences between functions of dropbox and goodreader

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand dropbox and good reader a bit better. They seem similar. Is it that Goodreader is best for organizing the document on your iPad, and dropbox is best for accessing the documents from any computer? But, you need Goodreader to put the document into dropbox if using the iPad? but, if using ones desktop, one can organize and access the info directly from dropbox and desktop computer, right?

Can anyone offer any helpful info so that I can better 'get it'?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can synchronize also up ro the server with GoodReader. I think the DropBox app is just an extension of the DropBox online service. For me, GoodReader does more, and better.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, your summary basically sums it all up BUT there are a lot of apps now that support Dropbox sync, so good reader is not the "Only" way to get docs. Or files into Dropbox.

Most reactions

Latest posts