What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you use a full 64 gb on your Ipad ?

SC25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This post is to know if you have 64 gb iPad, you're really fill out the storage. Thanks

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my old one, I once used 50GB, but a lot of that was saved recorded files which I later transferred to a third party app on my PC.

I lke the space, better to have too much than to run out:)

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always believed that it's not the size of your memory but how well you use it...but then I have a 16 gig so it could just be envy on my part. Btw, of the 16 pn mine I use about 10.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Storage space, not memory

Your memory is fixed at 512 meg, that's not changeable. As to storage space, I use around 50-55 gig routinely with an additional 32 gig available via my Airstash. That may be upped to 500 gig if Seagate ever produces their go flex satellite. I have 235 gig of photos alone.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
Your memory is fixed at 512 meg, that's not changeable. As to storage space, I use around 50-55 gig routinely with an additional 32 gig available via my Airstash. That may be upped to 500 gig if Seagate ever produces their go flex satellite. I have 235 gig of photos alone.

I couldn't fit everything on mine, far too many large photos and files, just the stuff I'm working on lives on this, then backed up :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my iPad 1 and 2 are nearly filled to 64GB. I want more, more, more storage. My music alone takes up about 32GB, and I have lots of photos I don't have room for.

I could limp along with less storage, but I'm not interested in moving things on and off, and I'm no fan of cloud storage.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I could fill four 64GB iPads with my music and movies. (two with movies alone). So yes, I've filled up my 64GB iPad1. However, media management is, I think, what we're really talking about here. If you're smart you can manipulate the 16GB without too much trouble. Since I could afford the 64GB that's what I bought but I think I could manage a smaller device if I had to. Now though, if I'm just hangin' around the house I have mostly music and apps on my iPad. But if I'm traveling it ends up being mostly movies and apps instead.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for about 4 months now and I have already used about 40 of my 64gb, most of it movies. I currently have 27 full length movies and 6 music videos on it, as well as about 400 songs and a bunch of apps.

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
64 gig just isn't enough space. Mine is always full.

It's not too bad around the house because I can access my whole library over wifi, but deciding what to take with me is always a hassle.

What do I want to watch 3 days from now? I don't know, but I have to decide before I leave. PITA.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SC25 said:
This post is to know if you have 64 gb iPad, you're really fill out the storage. Thanks

I've never filled mine half way, but I don't keep a lot of movies or tv shows on it. I did buy the largest they had since files seem tom grow larger with each passing year.

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 500gb hd took a big dump on me and so did my music and movie collection....FML

Otherwise 60 gbs would not be sufficient to fulfill my music collection alone.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could fill four 64GB iPads with my music and movies. (two with movies alone). So yes, I've filled up my 64GB iPad1. However, media management is, I think, what we're really talking about here. If you're smart you can manipulate the 16GB without too much trouble. Since I could afford the 64GB that's what I bought but I think I could manage a smaller device if I had to. Now though, if I'm just hangin' around the house I have mostly music and apps on my iPad. But if I'm traveling it ends up being mostly movies and apps instead.

It doesn't take smarts to limit content on any device, lol. It's a matter of preference. I could live in a smaller house, too, but I choose not to. I choose not to juggle content, as I would with less space, because I don't want to bother.

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SC25 said:

I've never filled mine half way, but I don't keep a lot of movies or tv shows on it. I did buy the largest they had since files seem tom grow larger with each passing year.

LOL :) This is true. Every time storage tech improves, it seems that everything else just gets bigger. Bigger is better. So American. LOL :)

But to answer the OP, no. It seems that I hover around 30ish GB of use at any given time. So, like half. I'm not a shutterbug and my taste in music, while broad, is discerning, so I don't have too much music either. Maybe 10 gigs in the lalalas. I use my iPad quite a bit in my work. I am a court interpreter and translator. I get a lot of documents in PDF format to translate from Spanish to English and the ease of the page swipe and pinch zoom are a godsend because sometimes the scans of those PDFs aren't the greatest. But those docs are off my iPad as soon as I am done with them. I'm kindov' a tech neat freak. If I'm not using it, buh-bye. I have a terabyte external to hold everything in case I need to retrieve it.

Now if someone could just write a nice little transcriptionist's app for the iPad, then I would truly be in heaven.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my iPad 1 and 2 are nearly filled to 64GB. I want more, more, more storage. My music alone takes up about 32GB, and I have lots of photos I don't have room for.

I could limp along with less storage, but I'm not interested in moving things on and off, and I'm no fan of cloud storage.

I don't put any music on my iPad. I use Stream To Me to listen to all my music from iTunes. Unfortunately this only works on wifi.

What have you against cloud storage? It's a wonderful way to back up your files and you can stream in 3G from anywhere. I use Amazon MP3 and I love it (on my Droid 2).

Most reactions

Latest posts