What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did You Sell Your iPad1 To Raise Funds For iPad3?

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Inspired by the thread about selling your iPad2 to fund an iPad3...

Have you sold your original iPad1 to make to raise funds for an iPad3? I have agreed to sell my iPad1 AT&T 3G/Wifi to a coworker for $150. Am I accepting too little or is this about right? If you have done this, what did you get for your iPad1?

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many Gb is it? I would check what they are going for on Ebay.com to get an estimate of what you could get for it.
When Im ready to get an Ipad 3 I will sell off my ipad 2 to get some of the money i spend on the 3 back

Best wishes,
RandyM

lique831

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that's pretty low. I sold my 16GB Wifi for double that. In fact, I sold my Kindle Fire that I owned since November for more than that.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bit low. Consider the condition , screen glass cond ,age of battery,they need to be replaced for $65. The oldest ip2's are only 9 months now anyway. Pretty young considering. Engraving takes some bucks away from value. It's a bit low considering these points imho.

OP
sunking

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry about that...the iPad1 that I am selling is a 32GB 3G/Wifi. It is immaculate with no signs of wear. Heck, I even still have the original packaging that I will bundle it up in.

I thought the $150 offer was in line due to the offers I was seeing on Gazelle.

So, I guess I am way a bit low from a pricing perspective?

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry about that...the iPad1 that I am selling is a 32GB 3G/Wifi. It is immaculate with no signs of wear. Heck, I even still have the original packaging that I will bundle it up in.

Gazelle prices are lowered because they're middlemen who buy and then resell. For accurate market value, better to compare against Craigslist and eBay, especially what bids might be being accepted on eBay.

irishone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have the IPad1 32GB 3G/WiFi and sold it for $150. I know I could have gotten more but it was my best friend I sold it to, she has very little money, and her PC is 8 years old and barely runs. Anyone but a friend, I would have asked more.

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my WiFi only 16GB iPad 1 to a friend for $250. It was in perfect shape and I still had the original packaging from Apple. I even had the bag I got it in from the Apple Store.

kidnice15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup I am selling my iPad one for the new ipad. My girlfriend is going to buy my ipad for 280. Its the 64GB wifi version. If not her dad will buy it for the same price. I really want to get 300 for it just because I have everything it came with plus a otterbox case on it.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sold my iPad 2 3G 64gb for £320 which isn't a great deal. I think the higher the spec the more money you loose.

lique831

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Gazelle's quotes are always pretty low. You can usually sell for more in a private sale. Personally I feel that $150 is too low. I would only sell it that low if I was trying to help someone out.

OP
sunking

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I think I will go through with the sale for $150. While he is a co-worker, he is also a friend.

Thanks again everyone!

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my Transformer Prime for $495 on EBAY. this is my first IOS device after 5 or 6 Android Tablets, so it will be different. Still in love with my Galaxy Nexus though :)

Most reactions

Latest posts