What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dictation and Siri

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi I am thinking on getting the iPad mini for my Nephew for Christmas. Can anyone Please tell me does it have Dictation and Siri on it or not? Thank you

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kevin43 said:
Hi I am thinking on getting the iPad mini for my Nephew for Christmas. Can anyone Please tell me does it have Dictation and Siri on it or not? Thank you

Indeed it does have both

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And Siri is awesome on the iPad mini. I wasn't expecting Siri when I bought my mini but she's there.

lisa22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
And Siri is awesome on the iPad mini. I wasn't expecting Siri when I bought my mini but she's there.

Mine is a "he" with kind of a James Bond accent. He calls me "my darling".

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am finding I am doing my email more and more from the ipad mini and using SIRI. She does very well indeed. She knows common punctuation, smiley, frownie, 'new line', 'new paragraph' and probably a lot more! ANYONE got a full list?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am finding I am doing my email more and more from the ipad mini and using SIRI. She does very well indeed. She knows common punctuation, smiley, frownie, 'new line', 'new paragraph' and probably a lot more! ANYONE got a full list?

I haven't use Siri yet lol!!! Was never excited by it. I will someday, I guess ...

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

lisa22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't use Siri yet lol!!! Was never excited by it. I will someday, I guess ...

It needs to get a little better at voice recognition. The voice recognition for email and other keyboard functions is excellent, yet Siri is not quite as good.

Deanp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It needs to get a little better at voice recognition. The voice recognition for email and other keyboard functions is excellent, yet Siri is not quite as good.
It will get better over time as you use it.

D

Last edited:

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience with Siri has been pretty abysmal both with my iPhone 5 and my mini pad. Siri rarely knows what I am asking and often offers to give me a list on the phone in Safari - not especially useful at 65 MPH and you just wanted to know who won the game. While it is a good idea, the failure rate remains alarmingly high. Dictation is a stitch as well, almost as entertaining as the automatic word completion when you are typing. Wrong more often than right. Wife gave it up on her iPhone 4S for the same reasons.

Almost but not quite as disappointing as the new Maps app.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
My experience with Siri has been pretty abysmal both with my iPhone 5 and my mini pad. Siri rarely knows what I am asking and often offers to give me a list on the phone in Safari - not especially useful at 65 MPH and you just wanted to know who won the game. While it is a good idea, the failure rate remains alarmingly high. Dictation is a stitch as well, almost as entertaining as the automatic word completion when you are typing. Wrong more often than right. Wife gave it up on her iPhone 4S for the same reasons.

Almost but not quite as disappointing as the new Maps app.

So all the hype about Siri is just that, hype...

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a test of the dictation feature of the iPad mini.

That first sentence went pretty well.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Well that is 343.

Ha ha.

Maybe some people have heavy accents. I have noticed that Siri does not like background noise. In a quiet room it works better.

This is been a test of the Siri broadcast system.

Blah blah blah.

MR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We haven't tried Siri yet on my wife's three day old Mini. I do have Google search on my IPhone4 and Ipad2. It has voice input and works amazingly well. I will compare Siri soon.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
This is a test of the dictation feature of the iPad mini.

That first sentence went pretty well.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Well that is 343.

Ha ha.

Maybe some people have heavy accents. I have noticed that Siri does not like background noise. In a quiet room it works better.

This is been a test of the Siri broadcast system.

Blah blah blah.

Grammar school - fox sentence.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

fafrost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering if any physicians have used the dictation mode on their Ipad with any electronic health records successfully?

Most reactions

Latest posts