What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Developer Says That iPad Games Will Soon Rival Major Console Games

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
infinity_blade_arena.JPG

Matias Myllyrinne, CEO of Remedy Entertainment (Max Payne, Alan Wake, Death Rally), has been singing the praises of the iPad as a serious gaming device to GamesIndustry International. Myllyrinne says that the iPad is “not far at all†from being able to run console gaming experiences such as Alan Wake. “I think Infinity Blade is now the benchmark and I think Epic and Chair have done a wonderful job there,†said Myllyrinne. He goes on to say that the more that the iPad’s processing power increases with each new version, the more developers will be attracted to it as a serious gaming platform, but he adds that developers still need to concentrate on producing “the right kind of content†for the tablet medium. “We’re obviously looking hard at what kind of gameplay works on those platforms as well and doing a lot of prototyping. I think it’s important to do it right… Nobody wants to feel cheated or shortchanged, even if it’s 99 cents. So I think it’s really important to get those things right.â€

Source: iPad "not far at all" from AAA console quality gaming, says Remedy | GamesIndustry International

Most reactions

Latest posts