What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desktop screens, app hider?

Dolfanpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to get more than 2 desktop screens? Also, I have apps on desktop I don't necessarily want there and want to remove them but don't know how. Seems like there should be a trash can or some sort of folder you can have all your apps in. What am I missing here ? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a problem...touch and hold any icon in the second screen..now when they start to 'jiggle' (Apple's term not mine!), touch and hold the app you want to move to the next screen and 'slide' it towards the right hand edge of the screen - wait a while - and a new screen will appear and the app will be moved there..

Have fun..enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

Dolfanpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you delete it is it gone and would have to download it again if u decided you wanted it again?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This should help all new iPad 2 and iOS users:

How To Organize Your iPad The Right Way [Video How-To] | Cult of Mac

*edit*
Yes if you press the little X on the "jiggling" app that deletes if from you iPad. What I have done is on page 4 of iPod touch I have a folder called Junk. These are Apps that I hardly ever use, aren't very good, but I don't necessarily want to get rid of right now.

*edit 2*
Also deleting the App will also delete all associated data stored in that App. Saved game data, text files, ToDos, etc. If you have bought a number of Apps I would recommend sync with your computer and having it transfer those apps over so you have local copies on the computer. It can be faster to re-add programs from your iTunes instead of re-downloading them from the App Store.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts