What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Frustrations!

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm an old pc guy and I bought my first Apple product ever (the iPad 2). Now, don't get me wrong. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. But I ordered my iPad on March 30 from the Apple site and I'm getting tired of waiting for it. My ship date is April 25 and the delivery date is April 27. While I think the Steve Jobs is genius level visionary, and I believe him to be only guy in the computer industry that really thinks of the end user (and truely makes user-friendly products), waiting for this thing is the pits. I've never had this type of a problem with pc's. Could someone tell me what the latest information is on the delivery of these machines?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm a PC guy myself and have a few apple products. My first one was a 3G iPhone, then a iPhone 4 and now an iPad2. One thing I have learned with apple products is their users are obsessed and will do anything to get one on launch day. I'm a gadget geek and hate waiting so I guess I'm guilty of this as well. If you aren't willing to take the day off and wait in line for a few hours they more than likely it's going to be a little while before you are able to get your hands on one. To top it off you have folks who are only buying the product to turn around and sell it to the highest bidder.

Another reason for the delays is now there are so many differnet combinations that they are more than likely building them in batches so for a short period only one combination is built, then another combination and so on so it slows the whole process down. Also the iPads are available world wide so the orders aren't only from the U.S. but everywhere and they can only make so many in a day. As far as the latest information on the delivery, you can only go by what your confirmation from Apple says. I know the waiting game is the pitts and your eager to get your ipad but you just have to have patient and know that the wait will be worth it, it's a great device!

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm a PC guy myself and have a few apple products. My first one was a 3G iPhone, then a iPhone 4 and now an iPad2. One thing I have learned with apple products is their users are obsessed and will do anything to get one on launch day. I'm a gadget geek and hate waiting so I guess I'm guilty of this as well. If you aren't willing to take the day off and wait in line for a few hours they more than likely it's going to be a little while before you are able to get your hands on one. To top it off you have folks who are only buying the product to turn around and sell it to the highest bidder.

Another reason for the delays is now there are so many differnet combinations that they are more than likely building them in batches so for a short period only one combination is built, then another combination and so on so it slows the whole process down. Also the iPads are available world wide so the orders aren't only from the U.S. but everywhere and they can only make so many in a day. As far as the latest information on the delivery, you can only go by what your confirmation from Apple says. I know the waiting game is the pitts and your eager to get your ipad but you just have to have patient and know that the wait will be worth it, it's a great device!

Thanks for hearing me out! I just needed to vent my frustrations. However, if Jobs is having them build the machine in batches that seems that it is a dumb move on his part. He has to know better than that. Regardless, I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard that it's even harder to get an iPad in Europe.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Latest information: supply is quickly catching up to demand now. At this point, it's more so alignment orders with priority and getting them tot he right country through proper customs.

I ordered on the 21, and mine is on it's way now. The shipping phase is the most fatal because I want it to come off of the assembly line and directly into my arms.

Apple's ship time is now 2-3 weeks, so I think you could expect yours to possibly ship next week, a few days earlier than expected. China doesn't observe Easter so you wouldn't have to worry about that delay on their part. If it gets to American next weekend, you may very well receive a knock on Monday instead of Wednesday. Don't quote me because I was expecting mine this Friday, but that's not going to happen. If I can make it, I know you can!

As of right now, my ETA is Apr 19, which is one week early.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try calling Apple. After I called them to inquire about delivery status, my ship date jumped from April 21St to 8th, and I called them on the 7th.

I'm not sure why people have such a big problem with supply and demand. this is going to happen everywhere, although it might be more prominent with Apple because the quality control is higher. Other crappy companies are going to source internal components from the most ghetto suppliers and have tons of inferior supplies to choose from. Since apple is basically demanding the higher quality parts, the choice components are not as plentiful as the reject components, hence longer wait time. Personally, I'd rather wait and get a quality product instead of getting a ghetto product sooner.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks for hearing me out! I just needed to vent my frustrations. However, if Jobs is having them build the machine in batches that seems that it is a dumb move on his part. He has to know better than that. Regardless, I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard that it's even harder to get an iPad in Europe.

I have no knowledge of the Apple manufacturing process, but I do know that five of the iPad 2's parts are manufactured in Japan. Which, as you must know, is enduring some very monumental challenges.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
I'm an old pc guy and I bought my first Apple product ever (the iPad 2). Now, don't get me wrong. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. But I ordered my iPad on March 30 from the Apple site and I'm getting tired of waiting for it. My ship date is April 25 and the delivery date is April 27. While I think the Steve Jobs is genius level visionary, and I believe him to be only guy in the computer industry that really thinks of the end user (and truely makes user-friendly products), waiting for this thing is the pits. I've never had this type of a problem with pc's. Could someone tell me what the latest information is on the delivery of these machines?

I walked right into walmart and got what I wanted, when I wanted it.

Most reactions

Latest posts