What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting contacts

Geoberts1941

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go into contacts to cancel one, I am able to delete the address, but not the name.

I had two addresses for one person, then wanted to cancel one of them, so as I said, I did delete the details, but still got the same showing twice in my contacts.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I go into contacts to cancel one, I am able to delete the address, but not the name.

I had two addresses for one person, then wanted to cancel one of them, so as I said, I did delete the details, but still got the same showing twice in my contacts.

Tap the contact you want to delete, choose "Edit"

image-1537017785.jpg

This appears

image-1169762476.jpg

Scroll down

image-975959475.jpg

And delete the contact

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently inherited my son's iPad and wish to change over to my existing Apple account which I have for an iPad mini. How do I delete his contacts etc and install mine?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If needed, backup his contents, in Settings - iCloud turn off "Find My iPad", then go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Content and Settings.
Afterwards, set it up as new, with your Apple ID.

Last edited:

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Joanna,

Thank you for your reply. previous to your reply, I did carry out a full "Erase all content and settings" but not the iCloud turn off. It did reset everything but my son's contacts are still there. If I carry out your suggested procedure again will this cause any problems?

Cheers,

Grant

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll lose everything you've set up so far, but there shouldn't be problems, afaik.

Most reactions

Latest posts