What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deleting all photos

mrsj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got a new ipad and giving my old one 2014 with 9.2.1 to a grandchild I have gobs of photos, mostly of them, that I want to remove, all at one time

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

If you erase your iPad (Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings), the images will be removed automatically, and your iPad will be set back to default.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Deleting all photos without erasing the iPad, works this way:
In the Photos app, go to the Photos tab, make sure you're seeing the collection, not year. There, tap "Select" at the upper right:
image.jpeg

For every day, there will appear "Select" at the right. Tap this.
image.jpeg

All of the images for the day you selected will be checkmarked. After tapping every "Select", tap the Trash button to remove the images:
image.jpeg

That done, go to the Albums tab, choose the Recently Deleted album, and remove the photos from there as well, or else they can be recovered.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions