What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting a Calendar Entry

Ferdley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleting an Appointment - or Not!

This is SO frustrating! A buddy sent an appointment from his iPhone to my email account, but he set up the appointment incorrectly. I did not know this when I accepted the appointment, but now, I want to delete the one he sent and replace it with my own, but when I open it in the Calendar, I get Event Details with no option to delete.

No, I am not syncing to any other calendar, and yes, I did ask him to delete it (as he's using mobileme). Yes, I have powered off and back on. I'm leery to do a reset, but I have backed up the iPad using iTunes. Now, if you click around in the original email, you get, "This event has been canceled by its owner."

I've searched around and found nothing, and I'm about to go finish ripping my hair out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know the answer, but have you tried swiping your finger left to right across the event?

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I just tried, tap the event to get the details pane open then swipe your finger left to right across the details pane, I did this and got the delete option.........the only thing is, mine is not an invited event so until you try I can't be certain that it will work for you......let us know how you get on?

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, if you touch the event in Calendar, it opens up - is there then an Edit button? If so, I'm guessing you're telling us that, when the edit window opens up there's no big 'Delete Event' button at the bottom of the edit window?

All the events in my calendar have been created locally, so I don't have any appointments etc that have been received from an email. I know - from other cases of other iPad apps - that the iPad often doesn't allow you to delete items - for example photos - that weren't created locally so maybe this is another example of this.

Let me know what happens when you open up the event - i.e. do you even see an 'Edit' button and, if so, confirm (of course!) that there's no big 'Delete Event' button. If that's the case, I'll try sending myself some invitations and see if I can subsequently delete them!!

Good Luck...

Tim

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that these "invitations" can be a PITA, on a PC as well as an iPad. I no longer accept them - they can be difficult to edit or get rid of. It seems quite random. I haven't really bothered with trying to find a solution, as of course they gradually disappear into the past, and by declining them the problem no longer bothers me.

There's one exception to this - for some inexplicable reason, my calendar contains an annually recurring note of the birthday of someone I know only slightly, and I honestly have no idea how it got there. Every year it reappears, and I try to delete it each time, but it won't go away. Just as well it's not a female, or Mrs. DM51 might have some awkward questions for me, lol.

I'm pretty sure it's a software/incompatibility problem, but it would be useful to hear from other members on this. In the meantime, I would recommend the OP (and any others affected) to decline/reject these calendar "invitations" and enter the information manually.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The op posted this question twice, this is my response in the other thread.....it may or may not work!

Ok I just tried, tap the event to get the details pane open then swipe your finger left to right across the details pane, I did this and got the delete option.........the only thing is, mine is not an invited event so until you try I can't be certain that it will work for you......let us know how you get on?

The Archangel

fmarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar behavior when I receive a mail containing an appointment, a *.ics file as attachment and tap on it. It adds a new task in calendar that I cannot edit. Where it should be the "Edit" button I have a "Details" button, so I can't do nothing with the task. Usually, this appointment comes from an exchange server, if that helps.

Some help would be appreciated for me too.

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
There's one exception to this - for some inexplicable reason, my calendar contains an annually recurring note of the birthday of someone I know only slightly, and I honestly have no idea how it got there. Every year it reappears, and I try to delete it each time, but it won't go away. Just as well it's not a female, or Mrs. DM51 might have some awkward questions for me, lol.

Is the birthday also listed in your contacts under that person's name? If so, try removing that birthday information from your contact list.
Not sure if that will work, but can't hurt to try. :)

gcolon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete Events

I, too, couldn't figure it out, but I finally did...go the event you want to delete, press EDIT, then scroll to the bottom and there's your DELETE EVENT in red. Press there. (iPad2)

KarenK01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot delete an "invite" that has been automatically added to the calendar. There is NO delete button that shows up with any of the swipe or scroll options already listed. Any other ideas?

Msproles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot delete an appointment from the Ipad Calendar

I have a similiar problem. I have an reoccurring appointment on my calendar, from somebody who I don't know, and is not one of my contacts, not even sure how it got there.

The problem is, I cannot delete it. There is no red delete button on the details window that I normally see. I tried some of the other ideas in this thread to no avail.

This appointment only shows up on my ipad (and iphone), but does not show up on my outlook, or google calendars when I look at those through my desktop.

Any ideas?

Msproles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, probably should have done this before I posted, but I went ahead and deleted the account from my ipad (mail and everything, it was on the gmail calendar), and it disappeared. I then readded the account and it has not reappeared, so hopefully it won't show back up.

I have a similiar problem. I have an reoccurring appointment on my calendar, from somebody who I don't know, and is not one of my contacts, not even sure how it got there.

The problem is, I cannot delete it. There is no red delete button on the details window that I normally see. I tried some of the other ideas in this thread to no avail.

This appointment only shows up on my ipad (and iphone), but does not show up on my outlook, or google calendars when I look at those through my desktop.

Any ideas?

spalmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it worked!

Is the birthday also listed in your contacts under that person's name? If so, try removing that birthday information from your contact list.
Not sure if that will work, but can't hurt to try. :)

I had the same problem. Except it was the Ex-wife's BDay....a real pisser to keep getting a reminder....deleting it out of her contact information removed the event from the calendar. Yea!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts